X

color code issues 98 gsx750f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color code issues 98 gsx750f

hi all my patience is starting to wear thin and i am not sure if i am getting bs from the body shop. My 98 gsx750F katanas left fairing, mudguard and left rear cover are in for damage repair and respray for 2 months now! What I am being told is that the colour is not an easy one to match up. According to suzuki it is a Y4M(Candy deep grape maroon) the spray painter sez he needs the paint codes that make up the Y4m is this bs? If not do you know where I can find these codes - thanx in advance - erich

www.color-rite.com should have color codes

also, if he's a painter, wouldnt he be able to scan your oil cover to get an exact match?
    Hello World.

Comment

They should be able to scan it like irene said. If they can't...they need better equipment.

All hope is not lost though. Suzuki is never going to give him the mixture for the paint so if he can't make an accurate match from a scan then he can buy the paint in quantity from color-rite. They sell everything from touch-up pens to full gallons.
      The only problem I see there is that your in South Africa so the shipping and cost of the paint is going to kill whatever estimate he originally wrote.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

but damn, 2 months, you better find another bodyshop my friend
        Hello World.

Comment

thanx! the color rite site is magic I will send the link to the painter will see what develops
          but damn, 2 months, you better find another bodyshop my friend
          i know but this guy came as highly recommended I have decided I will give him another 2weeks

Comment

Working...
          X