X

Expect Gas Price Upswing Monday-Wednesday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expect Gas Price Upswing Monday-Wednesday

And fortunately a down-turn again within ten days or so. Meanwhile, it's expected to swing up by $10/barrel the first few days of this week.

BP shut down half the production on Alaska's north slope due to "a serious corrosion problem" in the pipeline used to transport the oil southwards.

More: CNN Story Link

Taint feeling dependent yet? Silly you...

=-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

man if it is suppose to go up even more...i won't even be able to go to work even on the bike and i got my mileage from 25 to 37 mpg on it. it went from 2.89 to 3.15 just from friday morning at 6 am to 9 am

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Holy crap.... With me buying a explorer and the KAT I may just start walking that sucks. Thanks for the heads up
      "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

Looks like I'm riding the bike as long as I can.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Here in Canada it's a little cheaper then you guys but still went up wayyyyyyy up. When I bought my car not even 2 years ago a full tank was around 35$ and this morning I had to fuel it up to go t work (rain expected) 58 F***** bucks !!!!

And they are making billions in profit .....
          Guylaine
          Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by _Sky_
            Here in Canada it's a little cheaper then you guys but still went up wayyyyyyy up. When I bought my car not even 2 years ago a full tank was around 35$ and this morning I had to fuel it up to go t work (rain expected) 58 F***** bucks !!!!

Actually, it's not cheaper in Canada. When you factor in the exchange rate ($1.00 CDN = $0.88 USD) the price of gas is $3.75 USD per gallon. In cottage country the price of gas works out to $4.00 USD per gallon. Ouch!
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

i just read that on cnn.that really sucks.WE NEED MORE REFINERYS....in the us

Comment

What Canada and the US both need is someone in office to step up to the greedy money grubbing Oil companies and regulate prices.

I don't mind gas tax, because that's expected from a Government. What I don't like is oil prices change because a butterfly flaps it's wings in the middle east.
                "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Comment

Gas prices are ridiculous. I currently pay 20 cents more than I do when I go back home during the weekends.
                  They gouge the prices up where I live during the week, mainly because it's a major pit-stop for persons traveling to and from eastern Washington.

Comment

Simplest solutions:
                    Get vehicles with better mileage (get those one-person SUV's off the road), and travel less.
                    Talk to your boss about working from home. Lord knows I'm thankful that most of my work is from my den...
                    Invest in an oil firm or oil futures.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

This is no BS, we can all expect prices to reach $5 a gallon or so within the next few years. Better plan ahead on your next vehicle purchase!
                      '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Gas prices jump every time there's a threat of a Hurricane to hit land in the US too... between that and all the problems mentioned in this thread Im seriously considering taking the bus to work in the winter !

Comment

What we need is for the american people to demand from our federal govt to regulate the gasoline/oil products and keep individual states out of the loop. Each state sets it's policy on oil/gas products and they vary from state to state thus price differences. This isnt anything new. Please research for yourselves and pass on the info. It's time the over paid politicians started working for us - we the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
                            Originally posted by _Sky_

Actually, it's not cheaper in Canada. When you factor in the exchange rate ($1.00 CDN = $0.88 USD) the price of gas is $3.75 USD per gallon. In cottage country the price of gas works out to $4.00 USD per gallon. Ouch!
                            I'll confirm as soon as I get my next AMEX bill .... I fuelled the bikes last week at 3.17$ a gallon US in NY state .. it will be all converted and all. I know what it cost me and I'll do the math (yes I do how to do that even tho I am a woman)
                            Guylaine
                            Try and keep up now

Comment

This is why my Kat and my Mom's bike were referred to intially as "My collected Middle finger to The Gas Prices"
                              Go figure looking at my 03 Cavalier sitting in my Driveway with Just under 18k miles on it.
                              I just laugh when these companies Boast about their Billions in Profits (and No one in Washington DC is saying a damn thing about it) and Just let the companies Stick it to the Mass population. same thing for house in sureance here in FL, in places it has doubled, or people have lost their Policies over stupidity, and they Keep Hiking them up more. (note the Govt Gives themselves a yearly raise, but said no to raise the minimum Wage)
                              something to ponder on.

Comment

Working...
                              X