Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

One Month Old Kat, 1600 Miles and now its totalled.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is well over $500 worth of damage to that bike. that side fairing alone through suzuki is $484. i should know because some moron cager tagged me about a month ago, and i had a substantially less amount of damage than smalls' bike and the estimate was still almost $1800. sorry to hear about the misfortune, hope your buddy recovers ok and hope you both learned the most valuable lesson most squids can't seem to figure out. gear, gear, gear, and quit riding like you think you are Rossi

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Ron Ayers.
      Part Number: 94504-08F30-YU7
      Description: COWL ASSY,SIDE,
      Source: SUZUKI
      Price: $368.52

Part Number: 11351-26E01
      Description: COVER,STARTER G
      Price: $74.86

Part Number: 35630-08F00
      Description: LAMP UNIT,LH
      Price: $23.68

I dunno where they keep the part numbers for the mirrors. Again, from the pictures it didn't look like more than $500 in damage.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

don't forget the clutch lever, lower fairing, and like you said, the mirrors,(mine through suzuki was around $50). not trying to argue steves, but i believe there is more damage than what we can see in the pics. the fork doesn't look quite right, but it could be the way it is sitting. i wish i had found Ron Ayers to buy my parts from, would have saved me some money from the other guys insurance check!
        upon a closer look at the pics, i think he needs both side fairings

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Yes, All of the fairings are broken including the FF, PS, DS and the ones on the rear and the "Handle" on the back is broken aswell.

I took it to the dealer where I got it from yesterday and they are doing the estimate for the insurance company. The estimate should be done tomorrow and I'll see what it is.

Comment

I'm not an expert, just saying what the obvious damage was. If all the plastics are indeed broken then it may be a total loss anyway.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. Its so sad. Good thing your friend is okay though. Are the forks bent? I remember you saying that the wheels point a different direction from the steering.
              Roops Photography|facebook|
              03 GSXR 1000
              04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
              Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Well, the Dealer called me today with the estimate. The adjuster is going there tomorrow to coencide with the estimate to make sure everything is in order.

Total Damage: 7474.27

I will hopefully get a scan tomorrow or Friday. Block is cracked and so is the Tranny Housing. Subframe is bent along with everything in the front from the tank foward.

Comment

Originally posted by Smalls
                  Total Damage: 7474.27
                  Time to figure out what your next bike will be...

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Glad your friend's OK. I never let anybody, friend or family, borrow my vehicles - 2 or 4 wheeled. I just dont want to risk having a good relationship ruined. Even if you forgive them or vise-versa, the memory will remain. The only friend to ride a bike of mine (82 Yamaha 750) was the guy who put it together for me - a used and abused bike that I got for a couple hundred.
                    sigpic
                    Currant Toys...
                    '02 Suzuki GSX750F
                    '74 Yamaha MX360
                    '69 Camaro

Comment

WOW sounds like it is a total loss. I am not trying to start anything or cause any trouble and this is just how I would look at it.

I don't let anyone take my ride even my dad who has ridden a harly for 35 years. It's my bike and if I am going ot wreck it then so be it but I am not letting soemone else do it. I know there are people who are great drivers but maybe something happens beyond their control and bam there goes your baby.

Second I would talk to your friend and after all is said and doen with the insurance try to at least get your ded. back I know he is your friend but sometimes it is a hard lesson. I know it is easier said then done but friendship aside he owes you that. Also in good faith maybe you could some how add his medical bills to your insurance which that is why everyone pays for insurance.

About Mojoe's comments I don't think he was telling you to "committ fraud" he was just saying it was an idea. Insurance companies will do anything to not pay and for the future I wouldn't say too much about the accident because you never know who works for who.

I am glad your friend is ok and that is the most important thing but it is what it is and your bike is pretty much totaled besides all this bills your insurance may go up if they decide to even keep you. I am sorry if you take anything I say the wrong way I am just telling you what I think and in no way am I saying this to piss anyone off. Maybe you could buy the bike from the insurance and part it out to get your 500 back . I wish you the best and let us know what happens.
                      "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

It doesn't just sound like a total loss, it is. No insurance company is going to write a check for more than the value of the bike. Smalls is getting a check for the value of the bike, minus depreciation. He (or his friend) will have to eat the difference. Time to start figuring out if you want another Kat, or try something else. Instant cure for buyers remorse if you were at all dissatisfied with your first pick.

Comment

Working...
                        X