No announcement yet.
X

Need help finding vintage katana parts.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding vintage katana parts.

I'm missing a couple parts for my 82 Katana 1100sz. I'd like to find an extra pair of sidecovers and I am missing completely the lower grill, and the plate and two black fins that go beneath the chin fairing. If you have any of these parts laying around and know of their where abouts, let me know!

Also might be interested in a stock black/suede gray two tone seat in original untorn condition. Thanks for everyones help!

you are asking alot....those are not easy parts to come by.
    my turn....any idea where i can find an exhaust sysyem that will fir the original engine...even in new? i can't seem to locate anything.

i will keep my eyes open for you.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Supplying new parts for Vintage Motorcycles! Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Harley-Davidson. Old Bike Barn has what you need for your vintage motorcycle project!

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Walteri, I figured you'd just cast your own!

Have you tried OldSkool?

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Have you tried OldSkool?

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Yeah, no one on oldskool either has anything or anything they're willing to part with. I have one pair of sidecovers already so thats no as abig a deal but I'd really like to get my hands on the lower plate with the two fins. I may actually wind up producing my own like you mentioned. Hey Mojoe..I'll keep my eyes open for a new exhaust...interested in a set of the lower fins and plate if I wind up going that route?

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari

Have you tried OldSkool?

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Yeah, no one on oldskool either has anything or anything they're willing to part with. I have one pair of sidecovers already so thats no as abig a deal but I'd really like to get my hands on the lower plate with the two fins. I may actually wind up producing my own like you mentioned. Hey Mojoe..I'll keep my eyes open for a new exhaust...interested in a set of the lower fins and plate if I wind up going that route?
            shit man....you really have me bummed out now. here I was thinking my bike was 100% complete (exhaust excluded) and you had to point that piece out. but to be honest, I think I prefer it without. So let's just say it isn't a priority for me at the moment.

Honestly, I can't decide what I want to do yet. I am torn between streetfighter and stock. I am leaning towards streetfighter, seeing as I got the bike dirt cheap and can always pick up another later on to keep stock.
            Plus I have that V&H engine begging to go in something. I am torn between the 82 and 92.
            I am waiting on you, bud. You are better set up for the fabricating aspect of the rebuild. I can do it or get it done, but I need plans cuz I am not set up to experiment. Once you successfully set an 1127 or similar engine in there (hopefully 1127), I will request your plans and see what is involved.

Anyway.....I am pm'ing you. I have a request.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
              Originally posted by Waltari

Have you tried OldSkool?

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              shiate man....you really have me bummed out now. here I was thinking my bike was 100% complete (exhaust excluded) and you had to point that piece out. but to be honest, I think I prefer it without. So let's just say it isn't a priority for me at the moment.

Honestly, I can't decide what I want to do yet. I am torn between streetfighter and stock. I am leaning towards streetfighter, seeing as I got the bike dirt cheap and can always pick up another later on to keep stock.
              Plus I have that V&H engine begging to go in something. I am torn between the 82 and 92.
              I am waiting on you, bud. You are better set up for the fabricating aspect of the rebuild. I can do it or get it done, but I need plans cuz I am not set up to experiment. Once you successfully set an 1127 or similar engine in there (hopefully 1127), I will request your plans and see what is involved.

Anyway.....I am pm'ing you. I have a request.
              I'll be sure to detail all aspects of the swap (it'll actually be the B12 -1157 but the motor mounts are the same so the 1127 would be no different).

Get this...The black fins and lower plate....still available new from suzuki. WTF?????? There being shipped to me next week

Comment

Working...
              X