Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by md86
    Originally posted by Meikol2
    Duff,

Remove the seat while standing on the clutch side of your bike. Look down at the seat area, you will see a metal tab on the frame rail, just behind the gas tank, that is one of the D-ring hangers used to lock your helmet with the seat in place. There are two on your bike.
    Yup . I actually e-mailed Special K when I signed up on KP a long time ago asking for a helmet lock because I didn't have one . He said he didn't have any either ! Guess we BOTH learned that one that day !
    Yup... me too. I was probably part of that same thread.
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      Duff,

Remove the seat while standing on the clutch side of your bike. Look down at the seat area, you will see a metal tab on the frame rail, just behind the gas tank, that is one of the D-ring hangers used to lock your helmet with the seat in place. There are two on your bike.
      Yup . I actually e-mailed Special K when I signed up on KP a long time ago asking for a helmet lock because I didn't have one . He said he didn't have any either ! Guess we BOTH learned that one that day !
      Yup... me too. I was probably part of that same thread.
      The "lock" is not that obvious..
      I didn't get a manual, I guessed..

I do two out of three:
      Mirror while sitting with the bike
      Carry everywhere else..
      The lock is more work then its worth for short term..
      Long term I carry it..

Comment

OK, I'm a noob (to the Kat, the board, and bikes in general) with a pre-98. Where is this helmet lock you speak of?

Comment

depends on the area. usually I just throw it on the mirror and leave black marks on the bike LOL
          rock
          always working on mods

Comment

Always take it with me. Lids are expensive when they get stolen. And if someone really wants it when it's locked to the bike, they'll cut the strap.
            Smooth is Fast

Comment

If I am just going into a store for a few minutes and I have other stuff to carry I will just lock it to the bike, but if I am just taking a smoke break I will sit it on the ground. I sometimes stick it on the mirror but I don't like doing that

Comment

+1 to this exactly...

Originally posted by fulcrum
                I do different things depending on the occasion:

Rest stops - normally leave it hangin over a mirror on the bike. There are normally quite a few bikes at the places I stop and everyone here seems to look out for each other. Also the bike is normally in sight.

Shops - Hmmm... if it is some little craft community on a ride through the hills I'll lock it to the bike an wander. If it is a local shopping mall I take it with me (although I do normally drive to the mall - the closest one doesn't have specific bike parks).
                I love my Kat!!
                2000 burgandy 750

Comment

So do the pre's have these mirror lock points previously discussed - even if people don't tend to use them?

Also, how much under-seat storage is there really? I've only put a little stuff (registration, insurance, tiny tool kit) in the very back.

Comment

Originally posted by agmike98
                    So do the pre's have these mirror lock points previously discussed - even if people don't tend to use them?

Also, how much under-seat storage is there really? I've only put a little stuff (registration, insurance, tiny tool kit) in the very back.
                    It's a little clip on either side of the bike under the seat. The d-rings from your helmet strap slide over them, then you lock the seat down. It's kind of a pain, because you have to take your seat back off to get your helmet.

I have my rain gear, tools, zip ties, fuses, bungie cords, and a bunch of other little things. You just have to be creative in fitting it all in. Plus, I have a tank bag, which is nice for everything else.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

If I'm just going to be a minute or two, I'll leave it sitting on the tank leaning up against the handlebars...If I'm going to be a while wherever I'm going (ie: Eating), I'll lock it on the bike.
                      Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

The helmet holds the gloves!

Comment

i carry mine unless i am at work or at home. Basically so long as i can see it i will leave it on the ground. my 93 kat doesnt have a helemet lock as far as i know. how do other pre 98 kat owners lock it up?
                          '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
                          '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
                          '80 xj650 maxim
                          "evil" '96 saturn sl2
                          '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
                          '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

Comment

Working...
                          X