X

Hands getting numb...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands getting numb...

What am I doing wrong? After about 10-15 minutes of riding my hands go numb. I lose feeling on my hands. I think I might be leaning on the bars. I only ride 15-25 minutes at a time "first time rider" because I'm waiting to go to the MSF course this weekend. I actually didn't mind sitting at the red light...

I am fairly new to riding as well but i found the more i ride the less my hane goes numb.Also i think they have riding gloves that can reduce the numbness.I use the shake it off tecnic.(<--- spelled wrong i think)

Comment

Use your legs and back more while riding. Also try either getting some gel grips or gel padded gloves. Those will keep vibrations down to a minimum.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Try not to grip the bars to tightly also.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

yup

along with not strangling the bars, new grips and gloves work. after a long ride off the freeway though , mine get a bit tingly

Comment

cruise control can help too
            Live and Lean.
            When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
            "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
            Romans 3:23

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
              cruise control can help too
              LOL We don't ride Gold Wings!

Comment

LOOSEN UP!

Being tense can be your problem for one. I also try to make sure that my wrist aren't bent down, try to keep the back side of your hand straight with your arm to keep blood flowing.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I heard that the pre-2003 or so bikes have a problem with vibrating bars a lot of the time, but I guess new grips, or new gloves would help that problem.

Comment

Heavier bar ends will cure vibrating bars.

Comment

Try to sit a little more upright. If you put all of your weight on your arms, it will make your hands numb.

Comment

In addition to the other good advice already given I would also remind you to check the fit of your gear. I found that if I over tighten the cuffs on my gloves my hands go numb. I also read about a guy who was experiencing numbness as a result of a jacket that was too tight around his shoulder. In a rider position it would restrict blood flow.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                          In addition to the other good advice already given I would also remind you to check the fit of your gear. I found that if I over tighten the cuffs on my gloves my hands go numb. I also read about a guy who was experiencing numbness as a result of a jacket that was too tight around his shoulder. In a rider position it would restrict blood flow.

great advice tzortn. It was actually part of my newb problem too. Glad that part is a thing of the past. Riding is so much more fun when you can feel your hands.

I had the same problem at first and got all the same advice as above. I tried all the stuff that did not cost me any money first (cuz I'm a cheap F'er) and it worked!!
                          R.I.P. Marc

Comment

DUDE i get the Same thing But i have Carpal-Tunnel(<--Spelled Wrong?) get to the wal-greens or whatever you have up there, and get a couple carpel-Brace to wear while you sleep, that helps me alot. 8)

Comment

In My Case, Tension in My Neck

My hands to go numb. It's definitely not carpel tunnel in my case. It took me quite awhile to figure it out. When my hand goes numb, I get immediate relief by dropping my shoulder and stretching my neck slightly.

Comment

Working...
                              X