Rear sets and controls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear sets and controls

Hi.
    Can anyone recomend either custom or aftermarket rear sets and foot controls for 82 Kat ?
    Thanks

Originally posted by sibex View Post
    Hi.
    Can anyone recomend either custom or aftermarket rear sets and foot controls for 82 Kat ?
    Thanks
    Are you talking rearsets that would involve cutting off the stock footpeg holders and welding in a new mounting plate (though I guess I'm not sure I've actually seen any that don't require cutting and welding)? If so, how much do you have in your budget to spend on them. The reason I ask if that if you're going to the trouble to cut and weld, you can adapt pretty much anything from a made to go on a kat set from Japan (roughly $300-500) to a set off a stock Kawasaki ZRX (roughly $90-150).

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
      The reason I ask if that if you're going to the trouble to cut and weld, you can adapt pretty much anything from a made to go on a kat set from Japan (roughly $300-500) to a set off a stock Kawasaki ZRX (roughly $90-150).
      Or CBR1000RR for under $30
      Raask makes them, for all Kats.

Comment

Thanks.. that's a good start.

Comment

They are for a 82 Kat but should work. I have a universal set from these guys as I cut my stock ones off and they are good quality.

Andre

Comment

Great info...thanks

Comment

everyone always mentions the Raasks, but I honestly don't think Ive ever seen a set installed on a vintage kat. Do you cut a portion of the stock peg bracket off or the whole thing? What did you guys do for passenger pegs when you cut the stockers off? There are actually some decent cnced rearsets coming out of china for $120usd if you r cutting and adapting anyway

Comment

No passenger pegs on my Kat.

I am getting rid of my Triumph tt600 and getting and friendlier two up bike-(Bandit 1250 maybe?) for my wife and I. So, I figure I do not really need passenger pegs for the Kat.

Comment

Busa rearsets actually have a pretty decent angle for a vintage katana as do these cnc busa rearsets that I mentioned http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CNC-R...?cmd=ViewItem&

I'm picking up a set myself to check out the quality. At $116 a set, it's hard for me to make them from scratch and beat the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                    Or CBR1000RR for under $30
                    Raask makes them, for all Kats.

http://www.rearsets.info/raask_rearsets.html
                    These? Has anyone installed a set yet. I am looking for a new set and I kind of like these. However, they always look different on the bike then off. So are there any pics of these installed on a pre-kat If so I would like to see them.
                    My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
                    Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Why would you want rearsets on an early Katana anyway? The stock peg location is already waaaay back there. Unless your 7 feet tall I guess.
                      If you don't like how the '82 pegs are non-folding, you could always try to find a set from an '83 1100 Katana.
                      Just sayin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
                        Why would you want rearsets on an early Katana anyway? The stock peg location is already waaaay back there. Unless your 7 feet tall I guess.
                        If you don't like how the '82 pegs are non-folding, you could always try to find a set from an '83 1100 Katana.
                        Just sayin'...
                        The guy that I'm building one for has back issues from a past injury and says that the position of my rearsets feels much more comfortable on his lower back than his stock set.

Comment

Well, a set of the rearsets I pictured arrived from China today. Overall, not too bad. Materials are decent, raw machining is good, but the finishes are just ok. Some nicks in the back plates so I may take them off, refinish them a bit, and have them powder coated with the frame when I have it done. There is a bit too much side to side play in the levers for my taste, but that can easily be remedied by a couple washers. None of the hardware was tight so all will need to be torqued down. The rose joints on the shift link are very cheap and I may replace them. Kind of figure I would have to anyway as I may need to correct it for length. Overall, I'd give them about a 7/10 out of the box (the box that had virtually no packing material that is )
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2010, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, I was considering those until I saw your post. Guess I`ll wait a bit more.
                            1986 VF1000R
                            1986 VF1000R
                            1984 VF1000F
                            1983 CB1100F
                            1983 GS1100S Katana

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
                            though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
                            neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
                            that knows not victory nor defeat."

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
                              Just sayin'...

I got rid of my stock peg because of some clearance issues and I wanted and more forward position.

Comment

Working...
                              X