My Introduction to you all.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Introduction to you all.

Hello fellow Kat riders.

I rode my first motorcycle on Sept 1 of this year. After 20 years of marriage, and remembering the fun I had being a passanger on my husband's bikes in my early 20's, I finally got the courrage to "steal" my husband's 1996 Kat. 600.... Or is it he had the huge amount of courage to let me learn on her?

I only have one regret about using his bike to learn on, and that has been "Why didn't I do this years ago!" Out of the bikes he has, he claims that his Kat is the most fun of the bunch, and honestly, I think I understand why now!

What a thrill it has been, but alas the previous owners of his bike neglected and abused her and we have been fighting a battle to restore the bike to her original glory. She is a very bright yellow with purple seat and purple rims. (Cool color for a girl to ride.) But after being in the shop for 3 weeks, we have found that the shop did sloppy work and we are having to redo the front forks for a second time since the beginning of Sept. Sigh.

So along the lines of restoring the Kat, I was searching for a service manual online and found this wonderful site! I was so happy to see a sight like this one! What a wealth of knowledge here, and I thank you all for sharing it with the world.

In the beginning of October I took the Idaho Star motorcycle safety course which I was so happy to say I passed and am officially licensed now to ride. WAHOO! I learned so much, and can say that it has given me so much confidence, and I have already put many of the techniques to very good use on the 96 Kat.

I decided that after taking the Idaho Star motorcycle safety course and passing on my first try, and with the old Kat having issues, that maybe now was the time to look for a newer bike as I don't want to worry about issues while still learning.

So being a rather tall gal (6 foot 3) and not wanting a full blown sport bike due to a sometimes bothersome back, I decided to check out a used 2006 Kat 750 here in Boise. Lets say that I LOVED the feel of it under me, but felt that the miles on it and the price were not that great of a deal along with the deep scratches on the left side. That then lead me on a week long search for a Kat that had less miles and in the same price range.

Well, to my surprise, I found one at a VERY good bargin price! Brand new Red and Silver beauty at a totally used bike price. But, the problem is that it is in WA and I am in ID. But that is ok. My name is offically on my beauty along with the word "SOLD" and I will be working on getting her here as safely as possible.

I am so excited! And so gratefull that people on this forum advised other tall people to get a 750 as it will be easier than the 600 on them.

Now to search the forums to see what recommendations exist for the best shippers for my beauty.

Later!

Added: Wahoo! My Beauty arrived. It had litterally ZERO miles on it! Well, being that I have such a wonderful husband, he drove the bike for the first 20 miles so that we could get gas in it and get it registered with DMV as I have been feeling under the weather and we didn't want it sitting in the warehouse over the weekend. Boy is the paint much prettier in person! Yippy!
    Last edited by SunQuest; 11-08-2008, 03:38 AM.
    sigpic Like usual, It's all my husband's fault... After insisting that his woman should try out his yellow Kat, I just had to get my own Kat! I really should quit listening to his brillant ideas.

hello and welcome
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Hello and Welcome!! Congrats on your success. My wife just passed her MSF course. We have been out a few times together and I can't explain how happy I am to have her as a riding buddy. I'm sure your husband will feel the same. You'll love the 750. I have one too. Lot's of info on this site. Ride safe!!
      I'm not a real Doctor.......but........I do play one in the back of an Ambulance

(<<< my BEST half!!)

Comment

That is awesome. Congrats!!!

Welcome to KatRiders
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

hey, welcome!!!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Hi and welcome to KR. You'll find tons of information and laughs here.

Congratulations on the purchase. Hope you love the 750 as much as I do. They're beautiful bikes.

Comment

welcome
                2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

Welcome to the KR family.
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Hey welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                      THE DOC
                      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                      mistake when you make it again.
                      sigpic

Comment

Welcome!

°†°•jš§h•°†°

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!
                          sigpic

RIP CP
                          50th Anniv R6
                          95 Katana 600
                          http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR. Ride safe..
                              sigpic
                              1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Working...
                              X