No announcement yet.
X

BobKat2002's New Ride................Now with Pic.s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admit it. it was the chrome windshield that made the sale.

Nice bike!
    Bike is sold

Comment

what dealership did you purchase it at? they give you a good deal on the Kat? Sharp bike just a little to tall for me.

Comment

Sweet ride BK! The 750 is an excellent choice.

Full review after you've had a chance to ride her please.

Comment

Oh...and MORE PICS PLEASE!!!

Comment

Sweet Bike!! I saw one at the suzuki Stealership last week,I love that colorscheme!
            97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Saweeet, congrats!
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Hey Guys....
                ....thanks for all your well wishes.

I gotta tell you that this whole experience was pretty stressful. This is the first "Brand New" bike I've ever bought. In fact it's the first brand new anything. Bought the house used. Cars, all used. Other Bikes...used.

Alot of consideration went into this. Price. Performance and Comfort. Of course trading in the Katana meant paying pretty much full price for the new bike but, it included a service agreement, extended warranty and a few other extras.

The whole thing was done over E-mail. Signed and sealed. Picked up, sight unseen without a test ride or even hearing it run.

Don't get me wrong, I sat on a 1000 at the local dealer and felt confident that it was pretty comfortable, considering.

I arrived at Power Wheels in Truro, NS, have sick with nerves.

So after arriving with the Kat in the back of my van and much run around they hand me the keys. I suit up, and get ready to ride her home. Thats about a one hundred mile trip, one way. I brought a friend to drive the van home. (Later , he gets stopped for speeding. )

Anyway, I leave the dealership and hit the interstate (TCH 102) for a few miles til the turn off that'll let me cut across country. About seventy five miles of twists turns and elewvation changes on a newly up graded road. (Hwy 14). Probably my favorite piece of pavement. And it's the only way to get to the Track. Atlantic Motorsport Park.

I rode non stop for the hour and ten minute ride home and I felt zero fatique. It's riding position is perfect for some one my build, See pic. below ( . I look like Ben Spies, all over it like a spider. I know this road very well, and there are many corners I was anticipating cutting through excitedly. As I went trough them one after another effortlessly I honestly laughed out loud inside my helmet. This was a lot of fun.

I got home and felt awesome. The bike works perfectly. Granted I didn't get over 8000 RPM (100 mph). But I can only anticipate It's only gonna get better once it's broken in. 15000 RPM seems just un realistic. We'll see.

In the last sixty hours since taking ownership I've accumulated about 500 miles on her. I should be ready for it's first service inspection and oil change by the weekend.

And Now..............................................

The Pic.s

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

a fine looking machine indeed!

Comment

Awesome
                    Bike is sold

Comment

i really like those turn signals..

u wanna trade bikes for a week?
                      "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

Comment

DANG
                        I really want to help you out and trade
                        now that I see what a junker you have
                        Live and Lean.
                        When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                        "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                        Romans 3:23

Comment

Outstanding Pics man, congrats on the new wheels. Again, love that yellow/black theme on the new gixxers.

Comment

LUCKY

'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

WOW That is AWESOME. Congrats again man.
                              Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                              - Albert Einstein

Comment

well I have always been one to think that buying new is a waste of money, however in your case BK...seeing as you never bought anything like that new, I congratulate you and say great looking bike. I have bought a new vehicle in the past, and know the great feeling that comes with it. you must be excited as hell. it looks like it can eat the curves up like no1's business.

now all you gotta do is get rid of that HJC and buy a nice arai or shoei to match it.
                                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X