wear velcro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: big ones

Originally posted by suited_duces
    Unfortunately I wear size 15 sneakers so it's a pain in the arse to fnd comfortable boots that fit.
    In your case, you have a few options:
    (1) Some of the manufacturers have specialty sizes, but you need to deal with the manufacturer directly. I think Sidi and AlpineStars both make size 15 as a specialty item.

(2) Combat-style boots come in the full ranges that human feet come in. Because I wear a very weird boot size (9-1/2 EEEE, which is super-extra wide, I went this route). Specifically, I'd say look for a set of Tanker Boot designs, which uses leather straps (no laces), has steel in all the right places and has the advantage of a sealed tongue (means the only way water is getting in is going over the top -- the tongue is sealed up to about 95% of the way up the shoe). It won't give you the advantages of a full-on racing boot (like a Vertebre) with rotation/extension protection, but it will give you a ton of protection and can't come off by accident (unlike most laced shoes).

Caution: read the specs carefully when you are looking. Even identical-appearing boots from different manufacturers may not have the same specs in terms of where there is metal, etc. (steel-toed is obvious, but steel heel shank & steel in the sole plates & oil-resistant soles are desireable as well).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My problem is not the laces when putting my foot down...I do have a problem with the cuffs on my pant leg catching when picking up my feet.

Comment

Re: big ones

Originally posted by suited_duces
        Unfortunately I wear size 15 sneakers so it's a pain in the arse to fnd comfortable boots that fit.
        yeah i feel ya duces theres not many choices for us lads with big feet
        1m size 15 in sneeker 15-16 boot so it sucks finding everyday shoes and nearly impossible to find ride boots thats why i wear slippers and jellies and dont have to worry bout pant legs cause i were shorts with sponge bob and squidworth on them. but to be real check http://www.oxtar.com/
        they used to carry 14-15 look pretty nice too. gl
        a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
        so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Yep it happened to me about 10 years ago , never wore sneakers again always BOOTS!!

Comment

Working...
          X