• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there you go

Comment

better watch where you ride from now on matt

Comment

Do those ultra-sonic howlers work at all? Maybe time to invest in a set. I saw them at my local CycleGear shop today for $8 or some such...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Glad to hear you didn't go down, and be thankful it wasn't a huge buck!

Living up in MN and WI, I was always careful riding through the country at night, and avoided some routes home due to the high deer population and stuff. Had a few close calls, never on the bike, just in the cage.

Didn't hit my first deer till I was down here in Bama. Kinda ironic to me at least. Messed up the bumper on the F-350 pretty good. My cousin wanted to throw it in the back of the repo truck, but I told him no-way!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I read the title of this thread and just cringed. You are one lucky sombeetch! Very glad to hear that it was just a severe pucker moment and not an explosion of fur, bones and bodywork.
            Awesome job keeping the SR's under control and keeping it up. More than anything though I'm just glad you are OK.
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I agree with Jim...
              Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, I almost hit hit a turkey yesterday, the bastard like almost flew into me and almost shat myself. Then about 5 miles later, a family of squirels i guess like ran into the road and almost ran over one.

I think the animals arent aware that we are on the roads yet
                "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

Comment

Originally posted by freight dog
                  With your luck lately Matt, I feared the worst. I am very happy it turned out ok! I fear deer more than drunk drivers.
                  as a victim of a drunk driver, I strongly suggest you re-think that comment. both can be lethal, but at least deer can be avoided if you know what to watch for and where to slow down and be alert. drunk drivers can be anywhere and you never know when one is going to decide he likes riding in your lane instead of his...which is what happened to me.

I will gladly take my chances with a 100-200lb deer over a ton plus chunk of
                  of rolling metal.

And Matt....really really glad nothing serious came out of it. Great job at coming through it unscathed.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

glad you're ok. scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      Do those ultra-sonic howlers work at all? Maybe time to invest in a set. I saw them at my local CycleGear shop today for $8 or some such...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Good question..
                      On the one hand I don't know anyone who uses them that has hit a deer..
                      Other hand I know of only one person who has hit a deer..
                      (niether on motorcycles..)

Glad you are well Matt..
                      Now that you have that over with chances are you will never hit (or nearly) another one..

Comment

Whew! You musta had a horse shoe stuck somewhere! Really glad that you, the Kat and Bambi all made out ok. Those things are terrifying on a bike, especially at night. Up here the number of deer is criminal. Ya, what's the deal with those deer whistle thingies, do they work or not? Generally I've heard things like "since I put them on I haven't seen any deer" not really scientific proof. How do you know if you've got em mounted in the right place? You can't hear the bloody things! Most will probably try to hide them under the front somewhere vs on the mirrors or fairing, but will they get the right airflow there? I also really really hate turtles when I'm on the bike (not the chocolate ones)

Comment

Wow. You are one lucky hippy Matt!

Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Comment

Wow you must have been angry to go and hit Bambi like that. I am glad to hear that you are ok.

Comment

Glad you OK. I hate seeing deer on the side of the rode.
                              My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

Damn wildlife...It's like we're riding in the wilderness or something!

I thought many bad things when I read the title...glad none of those things happened to you. You're a lucky man.

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
                                '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
                                '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
                                '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
                                '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

Working...
                                X