Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

So I bought a wrecked bike today... (pics now)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn it into a shifter cart... Then play with it.
    Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

buggered

To use australian, "thats fairly well rooted mate!"
      1996 Suzuki gsx-f 750 fighter
      1988 Yamaha tzr 250 with tt350 fourstroke fitted
      2004 Schwinn stingray with 80cc twostroke fitted

Comment

The guy that was riding it...have his nuts dropped down from his throat yet? Looks like the tank would've done a nasty job on him.

It'd be a cool project...but too much work for me to bother. I'd be willing to bet the forks have some tweak to them since he t-boned a car.

Comment

I'd say make it a streetfighter. I think it would come out looking pretty good. Of course, it all comes down to how much you're willing to put into it.
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-O
            Thanks for all the comments guys. I have already been frame shoppin..... found one for $600 CAD with papers so far.
            So 800CAD and you have a street fighter???
            Cool beans!!

Comment

UUmmmm.ouch.....do you have a ton of money???and if so will you have some left to put gas in it???

Comment

I'm with Junior. If he t-boned a car, those forks gotta be tweaked, it's hard to tell from the pics.

I am just shocked that a replacement frame for that costs half what a new GSX-R600 frame costs. I know which bike I would go with if I was going to stunt. BTW, that is exactly what I would do with it. Straighten it out, get it running good enough and STUNT! The 636 is a sweet bike anyway. Even if you just wanted to fix it up to ride, it would be a great project, and if you are willing to put in alot of hours scanning e-Bay, you should be able to do it really cheap.

For example; while I think "2 Wheel Tuner" magazine is a joke, I was knocked out by the December 2005 issue when they took a totaled 1997 GSX-R750...bent frame, toasted forks, trashed front end, subframe, dented gas tank, front and rear wheel, etc., and put it back on the road for under $1500 total. See; "Presto, Bike on a Budget". It took a team of hardened scroungers and dealmakers a year on e-Bay and digging through dumpsters for tires to do the job, but it can be done. The finished bike is cool as hell. I would love to ride that thing.

Comment

From what it looks like, the only really worthwhile parts on the bike are the rims, rear swing arm, engine/gearbox and accessories. Maybe some of the rear plastic is salvagable, but I would part it out, you'll make $1500cdn profit on it and put it in the kitty towards something that isn't going to be a headache and a half to put back together.

Hell, find yourself something interesting if you're going to build a bike, there are always old VF1000R's around for sale. If you ride around some cobbled together Ninja you'll just look like some squid who didn't want to buy a stunt cage.

Comment

Rebuild it and sell it and buy a supermoto!

Comment

Working...
                    X