X

SW-MOTECH Hard Luggage Mount

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW-MOTECH Hard Luggage Mount

I'd love to add hard luggage, but I hate to have semi-permanent mounts. Has anyone tried the SW-MOTECH mounts? When removed, they are hardly noticeable.

They'll take GIVI or Hepco Becker luggage, so the E360N that has been recommended should fit.

If only we had someone on the boards who spoke German and might be interested in becoming a dealer....

Hey , I know some people on the board that speak German , and one who IS a dealer of various things . Now if I could just remember who that person was :-k ......
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Never heard of them... But I can track down the Givi racks cheaper than that.

But I suspect I know who MD86 is talking about...

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I think those bags are a bit over coming to the bike. They take over the whole back of the bike.

I will get some throw over leather bags from my shop. Yeah they will have hd on them
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
          I think those bags are a bit over coming to the bike. They take over the whole back of the bike.
          That may be true, but I can carry more stuff than anyone else I can think of... Each bag will hold two paper grocery bags full plus a gallon of milk, easy... Or a week's worth of road-trip clothing (including shaving bag, iPod accessories, mixer -- no, not the dread mixer again! -- and a spare set of shoes)...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

maybe so but if I have the wife with me, we can carry more than that
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
              maybe so but if I have the wife with me, we can carry more than that
              No space for a wife here... either the gf sits on the back, or if I'm grocery shopping, a couple 25 to 40lb bags of dogfood sit across the top of the bags and the back seat...

=-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

sweet

this is actually what i've been looking for... because i dont have a car anymore, ive tried loading down my kat as much as possible. it would be nice to go grocery shopping without having to wait for the weekend and my girlfriend to drive me

they are spendy, and then the actual bags are even worse, but i thought that givi mounts wouldnt really fit on a stock kat? i thought the higher exhaust caused problems...

but i guess if you want the storage space of an MR2, you have to pay the price.

Comment

Re: sweet

If you have some sort of aftermarket exhaust, then maybe you might run into problems. If you're trying to go cheap, hit ebay to find the bags, and just buy the racks seperately.

You can find pics of mine here:
                  http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12340

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

sweet... cyber rocks!

hey they're huge, but thats what im lookin for :P

Comment

Originally posted by ndn
                      hey they're huge, but thats what im lookin for :P
                      One tip: when grocery shopping with the Givi's, get paper bags instead of plastic. You can fit two paper bags in each side, plus a gallon of milk (or 2 liter bottles). Makes it much easier to load/unload and less likely to crush anything needlessly.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                      X