X

fenders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fenders?

What year of katana body parts are interchangeable. I have a 06 Katana 600 and in need of a front fender.....

98-06
    Pre mounts differently.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Pre= 88-97
      Post= 98+
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Pretty sure the 03+ front fender is different than the 98-02 models.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Do they mount differently? My manual only shows one configuration.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            Do they mount differently? My manual only shows one configuration.
            Yes.

The 98-02 models share the similiar mounting with a plate cross brace, and the fender mounted to the plate. 4 bolts for the plate mount, and 4 smaller bolts to the fender.

The 03+ models use side mount points. 2 bolts each side.

The fork spacing is different as well.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

not all 03 mount with side bolts there where two different fenders for that year the side bolt which is a K3 and the top bolts k1 and k2.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamilton2Wheeler View Post
                not all 03 mount with side bolts there where two different fenders for that year the side bolt which is a K3 and the top bolts k1 and k2.
                Umm.....

The K designation is for the year model, not for types available in a year. It's to help verify your ordering the correct part for the appropriate model.

K1 = 2001
                K2 = 2002
                K3 = 2003.

So to clarify...

The years 98-02 = same model fender, and would be designated for models W, X, Y, K1, K2.

The years 03-06 would share a fender, models K3, K4, K5, and K6.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

Thats no true I have a 2003 katana 600 and it had a K1,K2 Fender also when you look it up there are 2 options for that year. how do I have K1,K2 Front Forks and K1,K2 Front fender?

Comment

It may be a transitional thing, later production in the year may have a different setup.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

yeah that what i am kind of thinking myself. just seems like 2003 seem to have 2 versions of the front forks and fender now mine does have the proper 2003 rear end and brake light so go figure. Now I have to wonder if I can fit a K3 style on mine I ordered a chinese fairing kit and i'm almost positive they ship with the k3 front fender. either might have to do some fitting or paint my old one since i am painting the tank anyways.

Comment

Did you buy the bike new from the dealer?

Or have you considered....

You purchased a used a bike that is not in mint shape. Have you considered that it's been wrecked before, and a common practice to repair bent fork tubes is to replace them? The entire front end can be easily replaced since the bearing size and neck is the same for all Kats. So putting a 98-02 front end (with fender) on your 03 model bike is a simple fix.

I'm jus sayin...

Hands down though, the vin tag is going to provide the information. They don't give it a K3 vin and put k2 parts on it. That does not happen. Check your vin tag to verify the model and then... if you see discprepancy, consider it was done by the PO, not Suzuki.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

I know why now its stamp 11/02 on the neck but my ownership says its a 2003

Comment

02 model sold in 03 as an 03 (early model). They have to get rid of the overstock some how.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                            X