X

Installed New FP Racing Levers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed New FP Racing Levers

Well it was a moto Christmas for me with lots of maintenance items (K&N, NGK, etc) but also some new FP levers.

Got to love cable less (to lever) technology...under 6 minute install, most of which was the cleaning of contact point surfaces.

These new levers feel excellent. I really like the more dramatic curve and fits my 2-finger placement well. The action on the road is equally good. Great return action on the clutch and the brake lever better suits my riding, braking practices.

$159 out the door at motomummy.com
    "Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint -- it's delicious!"

http://pnwriders.com/groups/pnw-dam-tour-westside/

Nice looking levers there.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by cherrios View Post
      $159 out the door at motomummy.com
      Now why didn't you buy them from HS2020 here on the site, He could have probably gave you a better price.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
        Now why didn't you buy them from HS2020 here on the site, He could have probably gave you a better price.

Tmod
        Didn't know...thanx for the heads up!
        "Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint -- it's delicious!"

Comment

I knew it, those are sick and will look so very good on my bike!!!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Hey where did you get those mirrors they look longer then stock. I think that would be a plus for side view.
            Randy

Comment

Well it was a moto Christmas for me with lots of maintenance items (K&N, NGK, etc) but also some new FP levers.

Got to love cable less (to lever) technology...under 6 minute install, most of which was the cleaning of contact point surfaces.

These new levers feel excellent. I really like the more dramatic curve and fits my 2-finger placement well. The action on the road is equally good. Great return action on the clutch and the brake lever better suits my riding, braking practices.

what is that pass button ont the left side by the clutch lever
              sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
              www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

It's to flash the high beams to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by randyt26 View Post
                  Hey where did you get those mirrors they look longer then stock. I think that would be a plus for side view.
                  Randy
                  Look like stock 650 mirrors to me.
                  2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by randyt26 View Post
                    Randy
                    They're the stock mirrors but they do have extender pads but I've gotten used to tilting my head left to right to look behind.

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
                    what is that pass button ont the left side by the clutch lever
                    Flashes high beam like when you're in the carpool lane at "freeway" speed and you come up to an interstate junction with all the other carpoolers in cages crossing 4 lanes of traffic to get to the carpool lane you're traveling in, hit your pass button a few times with the air horn...doesn't work too well during daylight

Originally posted by KeWLKaT View Post
                    It's to flash the high beams to pass.
                    Rather use the air horn...need to integrate it with the pass button though.
                    Last edited by cherrios; 12-30-2009, 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Levers look good. Last I checked they do not make them for the Kats. They are working on getting those made up. No biggie on getting them where you did. The sale price is off and they are now back to $199.99. I can do a group buy on them for $179.99 but I have to get with FP Racing to get the ok on it. If not I can lose my dealer status and I am not about to do that for anyone.
                      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
                        Levers look good. Last I checked they do not make them for the Kats. They are working on getting those made up. No biggie on getting them where you did. The sale price is off and they are now back to $199.99. I can do a group buy on them for $179.99 but I have to get with FP Racing to get the ok on it. If not I can lose my dealer status and I am not about to do that for anyone.
                        Good to know, thanx. I couldn't pass up their Christmas special at $159.

For my own curiosity, wouldn't the '01 to '06 1200 Bandit lever work on some of the simular year Kats?

...and I've bookmarked your store site.

Comment

Good to know, thanx. I couldn't pass up their Christmas special at $159.

For my own curiosity, wouldn't the '01 to '06 1200 Bandit lever work on some of the simular year Kats?

...and I've bookmarked your store site.
                          They could possible work. But from what I was told they design them for the bike they go on so each one is a little different in fitment. It would make since to make them universal so to speak.
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Those are bad a$$ leavers, looks good
                            sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

looks good.

Comment

Working...
                              X