Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How do you clean the inside of your Helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you clean the inside of your Helmet?

Just what the title says? What to use?

I used Motorex helmet cleaner. It is foam that you spray on the inside of the helmet. It works well to keep the helmet from stinking. I ended up contacting Shoei about this because my liner is not removable. They recommended dunking the helmet in a bucket with warm water and mild soap (something like Woolite).

You may want to email the manufacturer to see what they say.

Comment

thanks for the info. Did the Motorex smell like anything?

Comment

I throw it away and buy a new one..

I hear fabris works well.
        I thing one of the helmet manufact. makes a foaming cleaner..

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
          I used Motorex helmet cleaner. It is foam that you spray on the inside of the helmet. It works well to keep the helmet from stinking. I ended up contacting Shoei about this because my liner is not removable. They recommended dunking the helmet in a bucket with warm water and mild soap (something like Woolite).

You may want to email the manufacturer to see what they say.
          Yep, Ive done the dunking the helmet quite often, always works well, and then take a light cloth and rub the liner down real good..then rinse well in a clean bucket of water and take a hair dryer to the inside of it for alittle while.

Comment

I use the Proclean 1000 "Helmet Renew", then place the helmet on top of the A/C unit for the house. Dries in a couple of hours.

Check out www.proclean1000.com/, they have some very nice bike cleaning products.
            '06 Katan 600
            Too many dirtbikes to list

Comment

Working...
            X