X

What will they think of next????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will they think of next????

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9Vlt5tGwY&NR=1&feature=fvwp"]YouTube- ‪Dainese airbag suit for 2010‬‎[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX_YIr5CkDM&feature=related"]YouTube- ‪airbag motorcycle jacket‬‎[/ame]
    R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Hmmm, the first one didn't seem to do much. Cool idea though, anything to keep us safer out there.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

maybe there should have been one on the bum too
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I knew a guy who had something along those lines. He had to use it one day and he said it saved his life.
        Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

I can see me jumping off the bike with the second one and forgetting to unplug.

Comment

I agree.
            This first one activated after the crash. practical if youre thrown but useless for initial impact.
            The second one is a better application. Just wondering though if accidental activation would be a problem.
            Every bit helps I guess.
            For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.
            - Ecc 12:14

Comment

I was reading an article about these and there are several factors that have to combine for an activation.. monitoring engine speeds, cord tension, things like that.. So if the bike is off you should be able to pull the "rip cord" and not have a problem. In 5-10 years when it trickles down to us and is affordable I'll be getting one.

Originally posted by krunchkat99 View Post
              I can see me jumping off the bike with the second one and forgetting to unplug.

I agree.. I keep picturing someone getting off their bike trying to look all cool cause they have their pricey gear on and *poof*, they swell up like a blowfish...
              Last edited by Cheriff; 07-13-2010, 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              -2000 "750"

Comment

The Honda Goldwing has an active air bag system...looks like the best thing for frontal collision, leathers would take care of the low side slides as in the first video, but nice to see some developement for safety we can use on our own rides... TonyE.
                "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Working...
                X