X

How to rewrap seat cover?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rewrap seat cover?

I want to re-wrap my seat covers due to them being ripped from years of use. Has anyone ever done it before? I have searched the internet, but cant find anything or seen any write ups about rewraping the seat covers.

I looked on my seat, and it doesnt look that hard. Looks like you just get the material and staple it on. Please help me before I wreck my seat. lol.
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Yup, that is pretty much how to do it. Search for Reupholstery tips on the web and see what you get. Take your time and don't get frustrated. On your 2003 it is more difficult than it looks but if you're handy then you can do it.

An electric or pneumatic staple gun is best - I imagine that you don't have one so you can rent them at Home Depot or any other tool rental company. Electric staple guns are affordable. Avoid using the regular type staple guns.
    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

could alway take it to a shop?

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
        could alway take it to a shop?
        Oh, thats no fun.
        AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

I had a guy who had a shop do a seat of mine (for free) I watched him and while he had experience he said they are easy. Key is to take it slow and carefully find the center first.

Comment

i'm lazy think i would watch ebay for a cheap replacement.
            carpe diem

Comment

Working...
            X