What Tyres For My 1100?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Tyres For My 1100?

Hi Guys

It’s that time again when I need to replace the now what looks like slicks on my 1100, but not too sure what to get as I've never bought tyres for this bike before. Keep in mind I do a lot of freeway riding and winter is just around the corner.

I’d also like to know if there is a wider tyre I could put on without changing the rear end?

Thanks in advance

Tok

I'm not sure what's available to you in the 16" sizes.

MIght be time to look up wild bill's 17" wheel swap and get to work
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I also would suggest the 17" rim swap.

You can easily do 4.5" in the rear with the swap.

Then you can 120/17 with 160 or 170/17 in PR 4s.

krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hi I am just in the middle of hunting down tires I will let you know what I find.
        Cheers

Comment

I love the Avon "roadriders" I have on my original 16" rims - rain or dry they grip and make me feel safe. I haven't thought about the 17" swap other than for a choice of tyres as I get on quite well with the 16" originals whether in town or giving it some in the twisties around the mountains - she's a big, old girl but can still hustle

Colin.
          Carpe Jugulum...
          1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

I'm in the process of swapping to 17 myself. W-B's write up is a good guide. Very little has to be custom done, it's almost all ordering parts and putting them together. That said, there is a little custom work, but it's really quite minimal. I just need to finish rebuilding the bandit calipers I got for up front, put on the sprockets (I believe they're in the mail) and the conversion is done. Still some more work on the bike before I'll be able to ride though. The rear now has a 160-60-17 and the front is a 120-70-17 (going from memory) - PR4s.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I love my Pirelli Sport Demons { 16 inch } and plan on sticking with them in my next change.....
              Old Age and Treachery Will Beat Youth and Skill Every Time

Comment

Tok get yourself over to Watling tyres in Catford he knows his stuff and can recommend the best for your needs
                If it aint broke polish it

1979 GS7/11 - 1990 GSX1100F

My Rebuild
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133928

Comment

I have the bridgestone battlax, not a fan and would not buy again.
                  '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

Still running the Dunlop arrowmax gt501's front and rear on the 1100
                    16 inch tires. These are good tires for the price.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Locomotion View Post
                      Tok get yourself over to Watling tyres in Catford he knows his stuff and can recommend the best for your needs

Thanks guys for all the input, I gave Watling tyres a ring Andy and they have managed to source me some BB-45 for the original rims for £250 all in.

The swop would be the way to go but I don’t want to be spending too much money on the old girl as she will be going next year.

Cheers

Tok

Comment

How old might those tires be though
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                          How old might those tires be though
                          The first question I did ask.

They have to be orderd in and as the are still been made by Bridgestone they are this years stock.

My current tyres are 0507: week 5 of 2007

Tok
                          Last edited by Tokalosh; 09-15-2014, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Bridgestones brand spanking new will ride them for a week or so and let ya know how they feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Slammer46 View Post
                              Bridgestones brand spanking new will ride them for a week or so and let ya know how they feel.
                              Review please......

Tok

Comment

Working...
                              X