No announcement yet.
X

What Tyres For My 1100?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually like them I don't ride hard more of a relaxed out for a jaunt type of rider. So the new tires feel really good in the turns and handled some rough roads really well

Comment

Well after almost been taken for a ride with Watling Tyres who quoted me £286 for Bridgstone BT45 fitted. I managed to source some Pirelli Sport Demon’s for £200 fitted by a guy down the road from where I work.

I'm looking forward to the new rubber, anything has got to be better than this……

Tok

Comment

Geez brother that looks like its should have been off the rim along time ago

Comment

WOW just WOW!!

Had new shoes put on the old girl yesterday and what a difference it makes to the whole bike in every way. I could not push it as much as I’d like to have but after the scrub I’ll be putting her through her paces. These tyres are Pirelli Sport Demons manufactured on week 5 of January 2013.

I’ll keep you updated on tyre performance when I’m able to ride her like I stole her.

Tok

Front

Rear

Comment

I got a demon on my gs, rolls nicely
            If it aint broke polish it

1979 GS7/11 - 1990 GSX1100F

My Rebuild
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133928

Comment

Well the new shoes are finally scrubbed in, this did not take long as I have a 100K round trip to work and back, with a few twists and turns.

My front end seems a little flaky and unsure in the corners. In the past I used to wrestle her into a corner now she is more than happy just to roll into the corners but on tip toes.

Is this normal with the 1100 or is it the characteristic of the tyres?

Tok

Comment

Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
                Well the new shoes are finally scrubbed in, this did not take long as I have a 100K round trip to work and back, with a few twists and turns.

My front end seems a little flaky and unsure in the corners. In the past I used to wrestle her into a corner now she is more than happy just to roll into the corners but on tip toes.

Is this normal with the 1100 or is it the characteristic of the tyres?

Tok

Could be the new tires are a bit more sporty in profile, but more likely that you have swapped from tires with worn out very flattened profiles to new tires in general.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
                  ...My front end seems a little flaky and unsure in the corners. In the past I used to wrestle her into a corner now she is more than happy just to roll into the corners but on tip toes....
                  Have you given the forks any love? The 1100's front end is pretty weak until you put better springs in. Mine came with progressives and they're OK but if I were starting from stock I'd call RaceTech.

If the springs have been replaced and the oil is good then what you're feeling is just a big bike with 16" wheels. Suzuki did that to reduce unsprung weight and make the bike easier to turn - less stable. Installing 17" wheels fixes that pretty nicely.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

1100 tires

Avon road riders Rated 150mph Decent price too. Thats what I put on.

Comment

1100 tires

I Just put a 150/80-16 Metzeler 888 ultra on the rear that has a nice tread pattern and now the kat rides really smooth and nimble. They have a little bit different pattern for the front but when i had the fork seals replaced i could only get the Conti Go front tire for the 16 stock wheel, but the tread patterns are very close and they look kinda nice with some deep tread on them . the Metz is only h rated for 130 and the Conti is a little better but they work well together. I will have to see how the rain goes when i get the back scrubbed in.
                      Last edited by CALI_NATIVE; 11-17-2014, 05:23 PM. Reason: title add

Comment

Working...
                      X