X

The Katana is the right bike for me!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Katana is the right bike for me!!

Hey guys, it's Ray. I just purchased my 06 Kat 750 about 3 days ago. That first ride home from the dealer I was in so much pain that I had second doubts about purchasing this bike. After speaking with the members in this forum, I've learned how to ride correctly without any discomfort. Now I can't get enough of the bike!! I was also worried about fuel mileage and discoverd that I get 45 MPG riding at speed of 65 and 85 MPH. I love this bike and when I get on it I feel like I'm flying. I've yet to tap into its full potential because I'm still breaking in the motor but this bike has more than enough power and I've yet to go over 6K on the tac. I've yet to hit my peak horsepower and torque on the bike. Thanks guys and if the good Lord is willing, I'll keep this bike for a very long time.

Glad to hear you got everything worked out.

Tmod

Comment

Congrats on the new ride!
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by ray123 View Post
        I just purchased my 06 Kat 750 about 3 days .....I'm still breaking in the motor

glad you are enjoying your new Kat, just curious.... is it a brand new '06? or else I don't think you need to break-in your motor

cheers!
        sigpic
        2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

congrats on the "new" bike dood. wish mine needed a break-in. its just brok-en.... haha

Comment

nice to hear about you lovin your bike...bet you cant wait to really open it up!!
            sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
            k9 GSX-R 600
            GO VOLS!

Comment

Sounds like you're enjoying your bike. Congrats!!!
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ray123 View Post
                I was also worried about fuel mileage and discoverd that I get 45 MPG riding at speed of 65 and 85 MPH.
                If you have hit 85mph you have gone over 6k on the tach if you are still breaking her in, glad to hear it worked out for you, and you are more comfy riding her now.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Kat's are pretty bulletproof - so as long as you take reasonable care of the maintenance, she will last you a very long time. Ride safe
                  2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                  2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

glad to read that you are now enjoying your bike like most of here enjoyed our kats be safe and ride safe
                    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

OK, I'll say it...

Congrats!
                      sigpic
                      Submariners Do It Deeper!

Comment

Hey, Congrats, enjoy your new Kat!

Comment

congrats! Sounds like another satisfied customer
                          [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

I just bought an 06 model right out of the crate a couple of days ago. I will download some pics of her when i figure out how. Did not rider her today, spent time at Blue Bayou Water Park. Well guys have to go, CUL8R

Comment

The the MPG's on these bikes is incredible. With tires filled up properly, I got an average of 47 MPG. The book said it gets like 40 MPG (max). And I was doing and average of 85 MPH. And I wasn't babying it either. I was shifting at like 8K RPM's. Great. i love these bikes.
                              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                              Current Bikes:
                              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X