X

Testin out the new camera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testin out the new camera

Taking a nice easy ride on a 20 degree saturday. Wanted to get out and test the camera (ok just a good excuse to get out and ride) Rode for about 45 minutes, but only put a few minutes on the video. The sound is out of control loud. Guess I need to play with that.

[ame]http://s407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/jwhittum/?action=view&current=2-28-2009-3.flv[/ame]
    Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Nice. You got some seriously whack roads there tho. Reminds me of the backroads in Oklahoma when I lived there.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Jimbo, looks good, need 1 of those for the rally this year.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Looks good Jim, just need to turn the mic down from the high setting and it should be perfect then

Everyone will have cameras on their bikes this year. We should have lots of great Rally riding footage
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

Looks good, but is there anyway to mount it closer to the front so the (I'm guessing the fairing is not in the picture on the left side?) It takes a good vid and the sound works good also, nice job.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

is this a Go Pro Cam?

Comment

Nope its an action cam from Oregon Scientific. Bought it at Sams Club lol. I mounted it on the frame section that is visible through the fairing. Going to play with mountin points and see what I can do. I know I don't like it mounted where it is now.
              Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

Comment

bet your neighbors love when you wind it out leaving your house
                I was wondering if there was ever going to be a turn in that road....sheesh!
                Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Normally I am pretty good, my neighbor has a harley so I am pretty quiet in comparison. One of the older gentlemen on the road stopped me last year and said, did you change the exhaust? Its louder. then he grinned and said but it sounds much better

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Sweet... I have the same camera, i'm probably going to mount it to the frame slider, of find a way to mount it in front of the windscreen.

one of the problems with this camera is that its susceptible to electrical interference, such as the CDI or spark generator or coils.

mount it as far as possible from the electronics if you can.

we tried mine on my buddies Yamaha Raider, and the electrical pops were insane.

also, the camera is waterproof, and they put a little removable diaphragm over the MIC, take the cover off, and pull the diaphragm and you get clear sound, but its no longer waterproof.

Since i dont use mine in the rain.... i pulled mine

See My Garage for mods...
                      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

do you think that a leo will review the footage when giving you a driving award for the stop sign ?
                        cool footage
                        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

nice video. those are some crappy road conditions though, looked pretty rough.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Thats Michigan for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                              Nice. You got some seriously whack roads there tho. Reminds me of the backroads in Oklahoma when I lived there.
                              Ha ha, it's true. We have some potholes in our roads that'll swallow bikers in a heartbeat.

My 1st bike & 3rd Child: Midnight Blue 2005 Kat 750

(Something for the faster-moving projectile fan in us all:
                              http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...4238689A5F27F0 )

Comment

Working...
                              X