X

Bog at low rpm's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bog at low rpm's

Did anyone change their factory exhaust on their gsx and not re-jet the carbs? I mean a full exhaust change. Header to muffler. How did your bike run afterward?

without jetting? The A/F mixture is gonna be wwwaaayyy lean.

Comment

My 93 katana had an exhaust change and the kid never re-jetted the carb's. I loaded the air filter with gas and the bike ran fantastic until the extra gas got sucked away. I want to make sure that was the problem

Comment

yeah, that is definitely the problem, if you loaded the air filter with gas, you need a new one of those too.

Comment

I was considering putting the factory system back on but I like the single Yoshi pipe. Any suggestions on the jet size?

Comment

There is a good "seat of the pants" carb jetting writeup on the FactoryPro website. Look in the support section. Follow those instructions and you'll be as close as you'll get without a dyno and wide band oxygen sensor.

Comment

Thanks, will do.

Comment

DJ says to start with their 116's or 120's with a full pipe .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I thought DJ says 110 with stage one??? At least their website does anyways....
                  1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
                  1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Anyone ever deal with the dynojet kits?

Comment

yeah, they suck large farm animals, good luck dealing with DJ on the phone, they don't know, you're gonna hear that a lot.

Comment

True , they don't have a CLUE . The guy I called said as much . And since I've never had mine spot-on , I can't really say . But I can get it running pretty good .
                        And the PDF I have from DJ says for a pre 750 , start with a 116 main with a full exhaust .

Comment

Oh yea, didnt realize you had a 750....
                          1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
                          1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Well I may as well forget them and figure it out for myself. I do have a 750 also.

Comment

They can get you on the right TRACK , but after that , you're on your own . Best bet would be to start with their settings , play around with it , then hit a dyno when you think it's close .

Comment

Working...
                              X