X

puma riding boots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puma riding boots?

i see puma is making riding boots now. i cant find anyone selling them though. the puma site lists cyclegear as a dealer. however no thing is on their site.

i really like the Flat2 boots. i dont think i can ever buy boots without trying on first anyways though.

03 katanika

They're supposed to be out this fall, but I'm skeptical about their first-generation motorcycle boot products (as well as most firm's). While I have no doubt that the Puma 1000 model does protect the foot against over-extension as well as the Sidi Vertebre (the product line that first started the concept of over-extension protection as far as I can tell), there's other issues that may make the product line less desirable than some of the competition, such as lack of replaceable sliders on everything but the 1000 (which only gets a toe-slider at that), the amount of insulation batting on the boots (may make it a particularly uncomfy in the heat), and how much $$ you'll pay simply because of the name.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I like the height of the Bonniville..
      But I too wonder about $$$

Comment

Bump,
        I just noticed one of the journos wearing them in the November issue of Superbike..
        I'll keep an eye out for a review.

Comment

I really like the 1000 but wonder how much they are going to charge for the brand name?
          91 Katana 600. Flat Black, Solo Cowl, Currently for sale.

99 CBR 600 F4. Red/Black.

Comment

A bit...
            I just priced the Puma Brutale at the Puma online store (www.eshop.puma.com) at 160 Euros...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The top line ones are 250 BPS..

($476)

Comment

The Pumas seem a little expensive to me.

They look cool though.

Brian
                --
                Brian Johnson
                http://brianjo.spaces.live.com

Comment

I thought Puma was an '80's type thing...didn't even know the company was still in business...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                    I thought Puma was an '80's type thing...didn't even know the company was still in business...
                    Oldie McOldenstien!
                    Pumas are the hot foot wear..
                    I'm wearing them now!

Comment

I have three pairs at home. Not only are they extremely comfortable, but they're friggin cheap ($20 bucks a pair)

Comment

Having worn a lot of puma products in my days as a soccer nut (16 years), and having worked in numerous places where I had to sell their products.....

I must say that I won't be buying their boots. At least, not if they put as little effort into these as they do their soccer shoes. Just because they've got a fuel guage on the side doesn't mean they're great. However, maybe I'll give 'em a chance once I start seeing some serious quality/fit/protection reviews.....
                        FrankenKat 1216
                        GS Fiter 816
                        GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Dang those are expensive! They think they are alpine stars or something for that price. I'll stick with Komodo.
                          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                          X