Choke stuck on 2002 Gsx600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke stuck on 2002 Gsx600f

Hi all,

So I'v got a bit of a weird problem, i couldn't find much on the internet about it so I thought i'd try here. I turned on the choke on my bike to warm it up and for some reason when i brought it back up again it won't turn off. It just idles at around 4/5k, I sprayed some wd40 onto the switch but that didn't do it any good.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be and also if I could fix it myself or does it need a trip to the mechanic?

Thanks
    ;3

Slide stuck? Plunger stuck open? Cable bound somewhere?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

So I need to take it apart, do you think there is any chance I can get this cable to work again or should I not bother and just get a new one?

Comment

Depends on its age and up keep, they do need to be maintained during their life span. I would check the operation first. Usually 3k and below is a vac leak above that is a mechanical issue. I.e. Stuck linkage and the such.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Someone had put taller vacuum sync port caps on my carbs that would hang up the choke rail preventing it from retracting on my bike. Check that the caps are not interfering with the rail as part of your diagnosis as well. I replaced those, and eliminated the issue. With the age of these bike they may need replacing anyway.

Comment

Just finished putting it back together, turned out the cable was stuck on some screw near the engine and that's why it wouldn't go back again when I was closing it. It inadvertently fixed my bike idling at around 2k which started recently, the cable was probably already a bit jammed but not fully.

Comment

Working...
            X