X

What the **** is this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the **** is this?

I have this small led looking wire that is stand alone and comes directly from the battery...

'91 Katana 600'
    Attached Files

That looks like something the previous owner put on , the same goes for the tube above it.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Never had anything like that on my Katanas (1995 and 2006 750 models). Added by a previous owner, for essentially...God knows what. Splice it, add wire, and run it up by your gauge panel. It'll make everyone else wonder what the fuck it's for, then too.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

Who said the Katana was low tech, that must be fiberoptics....
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

lol
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
            Who said the Katana was low tech, that must be fiberoptics....
            lol You guys are gonna die laughing with this one but there is a hole in the fairings that it goes through and all you see is the tip of the led.

Maybe it's some kind of Idiot light for squids? Flashes red as if to say

"Hey stop dumping the clutch at 6 grand trying to get the front wheel up.... just because we have plastic fairings doesn't mean we can do wheelies!"

Comment

probably low buck theft deterrent....many vehicles with security systems have flashing LED's at the door lock, corner of the dash, etc.

in general, that's just lame

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Must be scary if it needs to be handled with rubbers gloves?
                Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnKat600 View Post
                  Must be scary if it needs to be handled with rubbers gloves?
                  Possibly just doesn't want to get dirty hands?
                  If it's wired up to just the battery, just throw it away

Comment

Simple, it's the kanuton valve, reconnect it to your muffler bearing. Done.

Comment

he might have had an alarm system on his bike, and removed the alarm before selling.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'm with Teddy. That blinking light is the most effective part of any anti-theft system.
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Head light fluid indicator.
                          Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                          X