X

How much should I sell my bike for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should I sell my bike for?

Katana 600 2001, I laid it down at 30 mph on a turn. Cracked the engine cover the motorcycle still runs. I have pics

Why selling, why not repair and ride
    2002 750 Kat
    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

I agree, covers are easily replaced. Fairing well either leave it or clean it up. Levers and mirrors easy also.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

You will get more money out of it id you repair it first. Ppl don't like to buy stuff they gotta work on. It's worth more if the purchaser can drive it home
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Yea you are right it doesn't cost much to fix, but if I fix it I'd keep it. I want to try out a 250 and this way I can continue to ride. It's either down grade or stop riding and I don't want to stop. It was the ultimatum after the accident. But I'll go back up to the 600!

I would love to work on the bike but I have no space to work on it. I want to learn how, my friend mechanic charged me to use his place.
          Last edited by 2001Kat92RW; 10-22-2015, 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Kudos to you, most newer riders won't admit that a smaller bike would be a better choice.
            The R3 is pretty cool as is the jr CBR. Ninja is played out but, could be had cheap.
            Expect to get near nothing for your Kat, at least change the covers so, it runs. You'll get much more for a running wrecked bike.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Img_0854.jpg
              img_0862.jpg
              img_0857.jpg
              img_0859.jpg
              img_0861.jpg

Comment

your images are not working. But I see why you want to sell, my hats is of to you for being able to admit a smaller bike would better suit you as a beginner.

As 92 says, at least change the covers to get it in running condition.
                2002 750 Kat
                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

What are good tires for the katana I might keep it, I have an appointment to get the bike checked out

Comment

Conti motions will work for you quite well , while you learn.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

We have El Nino coming, if you're going to ride this winter I recommend Michelin Pilot Road 4. If you're going to wait till spring, what junker said.

I'm in San Jose too - best place for tires I've found is Santa Clara Cycle Accessories on El Camino in Sunnyvale. They have awesome pricing (only see cheaper tires elsewhere once) and free mounting (with wheel off bike) I've purchased at least 7 sets from them for multiple bikes.

Also, I dont have workspace I can share right now (i hate apartments) but I do have experience fixing things. Lemme know if you need/want help. (Seriously. This is what I do for fun)
                      Last edited by shpielers; 10-28-2015, 01:08 AM.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                      X