X

Problem with tach 06 kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with tach 06 kat

Hey all, Im newbie new to the site and have a slight concern Im curious if anyones ran into. Ive got an 06 kat 600 and last week was riding to Ocean City, Md got halfway there and noticed my rpms seemed to be slightly higher in 6th gear than usual. Usually, The bike was always taching just over 4g's at 50 mph. On the other end of the spectrum at 100mph I'm supposedly redlining per tach display, mind you still 6th gear, and if I stay in the throttle the bike continues to gain speed as usual. Any input on this is greatly appreciated. Im aware the cluster is entirely electronic with no cables. What senses speed on this bike and where and more importantly, do these bikes utilize a crankshaft/sprocket speed sensor such as a hall-effect type?

sounds like your tach itself is defective or the cable.

Also welcome to the message boards, if you can post this in the appropriate forum you will get plenty of responses im sure.

Ryan

Comment

If you were riding into the wind you will notice a higher RPM reading with the 600s.
      Yes, there is a speed sensor on front sprocket for speedo.
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Working...
      X