X

Tail Section Removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail Section Removal

I have a 2006 Kat and am looking to chop the shovel. I need to take off the entire tail section for the particular kit that I have and I was wondering if anyone could let me know how its done. Thanks in advance...

What kit did you get just out of curiosity ? Taking off the rear plastics, whether you technically need to or not, is a good idea because it gives you an easier way to cut the fender off, and makes it easier to get a cleaner cut too, IMO.

Here is a writeup from the bodyshop forum by AHF that is very nicely done.

In a nutshell though, the tale section is bolted on so all it takes is alittle time to remove the bolts under the rear fairings, the ones under the seat and dont forget to remove the grab bar, as well as the screws on the tail light as you begin to take it off.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I got a kit from fendereliminators. It looks pretty good and was alot cheaper than competition werkes. I probably could do it without removing the plastics but I want to make sure I get a nice clean cut. I saw that write up and actually printed it and had it with me in the garage but I ran out of time. I was just wondering if there was just a simple way to do it but I guess it will be like everything else, trial and error. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by jt747
        I was just wondering if there was just a simple way to do it but I guess it will be like everything else, trial and error. Thanks again.
        why do the words "trial and error" make me shudder when it comes to cutting up pieces of a bike?
        Greg's "how to" is pretty clearly written....so there should be no errors.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

The worst part about cutting off the rear fender is getting up the courage to start cutting into a perfectly good piece of the bike Seriously once you start cutting you'll be done in just a couple minutes or so. A dremmel or hack saw and you'll be all set.

Comment

Working...
          X