X

Just an idea

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I give

I was kidding about being offended and I hate racism and bigotry also.

Just wanted to point out that while some may not completely agree with the "Rebel" flag, the Dukes motif is not associated with any negative racial focus that I am aware of.

Geez!

Carl-
    "Ignoring the facts does not mean that they cease to exist"

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Blah Blah Blah, get off the political, racial bull, everyone is just looking for something to debate about in a negitive manner. Get back to the subject of the forum.

Again my opinion is that it would look good but your taking for the history and name by putting a general lee scheme on a japanese bike. i wouldnt put a import tuner decal on my mustang.
      www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
      Katana Frame Sliders
      The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
      98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
      I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Look , it's this simple ....
        A rebel flag painted on your vehicle will make you more a target . And on a bike , where we're pretty much ALREADY targets .....
        Not everyone will look at it the same way , and some will actually get what you're trying to do . But the OTHERS who see the flag , think "ignorant bigot" , and probably act accordingly .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Blah, Blah

You're right Braunstein.

I vote Paint it to match completely or choose something else. Halfway would look like a pumpkin.

Carl-

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

I think it will look sharp, and good luck finding the ladies to drape over it, that I want to see too.
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

im sure we can find a few ladies who wouldnt mind draping over a cool lookin Kat

oh wait, are you volunteering KG ? :P

Comment

Which one of you guys is gonna call World class racer Sebastien Charpentier and tell him he is offending people?

So far, nobody has complained, but hey, he's French, not a "white guy from New Jersey".

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Famous people don't live in the same world as we do . And besides , that's a helmet , not a whole BIKE . A lonely bike sitting in a parking lot where some potentially angry "activists" or something can EASILY be knocked-over and peed on ....
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I would just paint it black. After all, It is the fastest color.
                    Darren Drennan
                    Alexander, Arkansas
                    06 Katana 750

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Katana_Riders/

Comment

Rebel?

I think the biggest problem is that the rebel flag is seen with a very negative connotation. Thank the Hood-wearin' Mis-sip-ee rednecks for that. I don't remember who it was that asked "what's the problem with that" in a post above this, but you look his location...Florida.
                      I grew up in the south, and out on the west coast. A lot of the more liberal ideology is that it is a moniker of hatred and oppression, while lots of others see it a sign of heritage. I believe that even in the Dukes Movie, they point that out, by the reactions of the General in Atlanta Traffic. I say take it with a grain of salt, and be prepared for all reactions. Personally, I think when people see the "01" they will get the picture and not try to lynch you!

Later
                      Kelly
                      Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

Working...
                      X