X

New Mods!!!! :-D

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mods!!!! :-D

So on Sunday I slept in kinda late (after being up in the morning a short time for a fire call) and when I got up, IamXenomorph was there working on my brother's bike. My brother broke something in his carbs, so they were pestering me to do more of my mods that I had sitting in the basement. A couple weeks ago my brother and I put on the blue corner lenses I got from Clear Alternatives and made an attempt at the exhaust. I say attempt because it had a leak. Bike has pretty much sat in the same spot until now.

First order of the day was the integrated LED tail and clear lense along with shaving down the mudshovel. Broke out the Dremel and went to town on that. Cut it a little below the bend with the cutoff wheel (about 6 of the cheap ones) and then used one of the sanding drums to smooth it all out. Looks so much better!! I was a little surprised, though. The taillight lense would NOT fit out through the opening in the tail section. Had to take the entire tail section plastic off to get the lense and stuff swapped out. I also noticed that the rear subframe seems to be all welded. That kinda sucks as I had sorta considered getting a GSXR tail for it because I like the looks but can't afford the insurance.

Next up, our thought was to shave about a 1/2" off the exhaust since the reason it was leaking is because the slots were lined up (the stock gasket didn't fit and I didn't have any high-temp sealant). Got it all trimmed down with the heavy-duty cutting wheel on the dremel, got it all back on the bike, but it still has a little leak. Is this a big deal? It's a completely open exhaust (though not all that loud) so I don't see that a slight leak would be that big of a deal, but I'm not sure of that. It had some liquid coming out where the leak is; what could that be? Didn't really smell like gas or oil, so I don't know what it was.

Figured that the little leak can't be that bad, so I let it warm up and took it for a spin. The new muff (WileyCo) was pretty loud under load and the bike seemed to have a new pep to it. Now I just need to jet it and get a K&N in there. :ban:

Do I have to take the plastics off the bike or would it be easier to take the carbs out to do the jet kit? I haven't ordered it yet, but I'm definitely considering it now that I've felt the zip just from the exhaust.

Almost forgot about the last mod. I purchased a rear hugger at the NYC International Motorcycle Show back in Jan or Feb. Xeno and I put that on and it looks nice in there. I also have an undertail kit, but I'd really like to keep the luggage bars in place for my sidebags. I need to find somewhere to hook the back straps, though, because I used to wrap them on the turn signal stalks; I eliminated those when I chopped off the shovel. Didn't think about that until after the plastic hit the ground. Woops!
    -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Forgot to mention...my second zip up the road, I was on it pretty hard. I rounded a corner about a quarter mile up the road from my house and there was a state trooper headed the other way. I was doing about 70. I thought I was toast. I turned around and came back, expecting to see the trooper come flying back the other way, but he just kept on moving. *wipes brow*
    -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

Sorry, gotta be the first to do it
      -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

For the jet kit installation you will need to remove the carbs, so it would be alot easyer to remove the fairings. I would also recomend the Ivan Jet Kit, with this kit you would not need the K&N air filter.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by taz
          Sorry, gotta be the first to do it
          Amen.
          Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

like thios

Yeah like this. Here are mine I did them myself

here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
            http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

now that is a sweet ride.
              "you build a life of success a day at a time"
              Tim Hultz

Comment

how hard is it to hock up the LEDS can they wire to the stock wires from the old turn signals.

PS Looks killer

Comment

is that a cell phone

Comment

Your bike is...er..really blue.
                    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

those blue lens look sweet drag i think thats a mp3 player not a cell phone i think he had a post on here somewere

Comment

Looks like GPS.

Comment

Working...
                        X