X

How To: Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
    Last year I put on 500km (work sucked last year).

This year I expect to put on 3,000km max.

I don't think this upgrade is for me because this is where the beaten path seems to stray from "reasonable" to "outrageous" in the money pit department.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise... I may need to rebuild my forks anyways, so if I'm going down the rabbit hole, why not spend the extra $200 to ride down into the hole in a Ferrari
    I agree.It's not an upgrade for everyone.I swear by them because I have rode other peoples bikes with emulators and they make a world of difference in handling and traction.
    I am the one "THEY" call Ben.
    http://maniccycles.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manic-...69358576434069

Comment

Hate to revive an old thread, but since I'm on a parts buying kick

What's the purpose of having these emulators in the forks? I understand that they allow for adjustment of compression rate, but don't the stock forks allow for adjustment as well?

I feel confused by this "upgrade" if you will.

Regardless, I should likely look at rebuilding my forks because I've never honestly even looked into them. 11,XXX kms on my post kat.
      Last year I put on 500km (work sucked last year).

This year I expect to put on 3,000km max.

I don't think this upgrade is for me because this is where the beaten path seems to stray from "reasonable" to "outrageous" in the money pit department.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise... I may need to rebuild my forks anyways, so if I'm going down the rabbit hole, why not spend the extra $200 to ride down into the hole in a Ferrari
      To simplify..

With emulators...

as slow speed, bumps and rougher road will feel very smooth and comfortable. It's really easy on the hands and butt. It's a very soft comfortable ride and great for longer duration travel rides.

As faster speeds, the front is very responsive, won't dive overly in hard turns and heavy breaking, makes for a really well handling bike when spirited.

With out emulators...

Slow speeds... you feel every damn rut and bump in the road because the damping is too harsh even on the softest setting.

Fast speeds... The front end dips hard, bottoms out easy, makes switchbacks work...

Basically emulators make the front end work like it's supposed to. The stock setup works exactly opposite.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by ben2go View Post
        I agree.It's not an upgrade for everyone.I swear by them because I have rode other peoples bikes with emulators and they make a world of difference in handling and traction.
        Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        To simplify..

With emulators...

as slow speed, bumps and rougher road will feel very smooth and comfortable. It's really easy on the hands and butt. It's a very soft comfortable ride and great for longer duration travel rides.

As faster speeds, the front is very responsive, won't dive overly in hard turns and heavy breaking, makes for a really well handling bike when spirited.

With out emulators...

Slow speeds... you feel every damn rut and bump in the road because the damping is too harsh even on the softest setting.

Fast speeds... The front end dips hard, bottoms out easy, makes switchbacks work...

Basically emulators make the front end work like it's supposed to. The stock setup works exactly opposite.

Krey
        You guys are giving me second thoughts!

And making my wallet hurt more

Better have a second read through the emulators thread... might end up having to install them when I redo my forks (for the first time ever on the bike... stupid POs!!!).

I've never actually rode my bike with stock forks set up correctly (new seals and oil), so I don't even have a reference point!

All I know is that Saskatchewan roads suck.... there are "bumps" (more like miniature mountains/hills) between asphalt segments (every 20 feet or so). So there's this constant "up-down" "up-down" feel to our roads while riding my Kat.

This upgrade might have gone from wallet buster to essential.... my wallet hurts... !
        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
        - Aaron

Comment

Working...
        X