X

Intake???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake???

i was thinking bout cutting old turn signals to make an extra air intake to help cool the bike down, i think is gunna look nice i am painting them to match the bike so they wont stick out...any one try this yet?? and any support on this??

Airtech-streamlining makes glue-on ram-air-like tubes that go inside the fairings a couple inches below the front turn signals

Comment

Yur gonna what now?

Comment

im cutting a set of front turn signals to make a scoop and im cutting the back out of them to to push more air into and around the motor

Comment

Originally posted by 88' 600 View Post
          im cutting a set of front turn signals to make a scoop and im cutting the back out of them to to push more air into and around the motor
          stock signals from a pre 98??? can't see that working. There plenty other ways to go about it, but I don't see the pre 98 signals being one of them.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

no its post 98...well it is a 98

Comment

Originally posted by 88' 600 View Post
              no its post 98...well it is a 98
              ahh ok...I was basing it off your name. Makes more sense on a 98+ kat. It seems if you are melting fenders you are running way too hot. Best bet would be to find out why as opposed to finding a bandaid. What would you use for signals?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

i am still trying to work out details on the signals but i was gunna make a set for track days to start then maby get a clear set that would look cool on there i am not sure, but its not a solution to the heat issue i am still trying to figure that out this is just an extra thing that should look cool an keep her a little cooler under normal conditions

thanks SHARKBOY521 but this gunna be cosmetic too but i will look into the airtech intakes two they sound interesting

Last edited by 88' 600; 03-24-2008, 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You're not going to improve the air flow that much.. Like chinto said better to solve the real issue. Your new intakes might decrease the air flow.

The air tech parts or for Pre 98..

Comment

y aim working on the engine heat issue, i looked back on the title an found that an insurance company had it before an i called them and found out that it had front nd damage and they replaced the front end and my father bought it as a birthday present for me so if its the same front fender that may be my heat issue but im still looking at other possibilities

if i can make a nice looking intake i might just use it for show if it dosent help any thing or if it reduces intake
                    Last edited by 88' 600; 03-24-2008, 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

is the 98 a 600 or 750? check the oil cooler? perhaps it was damaged when the bike suffered the front end damage. If it was damaged and never replaced that may be the problem. If it was replaced make sure it was replaced with the correct cooler.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

its a 750 and the cooler looks to be the right cooler and it looks brand new well it did until i loaded it with bugs

the issue may be a past issue that is fixed already and im chasing a ghost but id rather chase a ghost then lose the bike to the evils of heat
                        Last edited by 88' 600; 03-24-2008, 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I wasnt paying close enough attention - I assumed from the name that the bike in question was a Pre

Comment

Working...
                          X