X

Stands for the Katana...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stands for the Katana...

I've been looking for awhile now..but since I installed the 1200 Bandit shock (raised height @ 2") the centerstand I had bought was useless to me. I installed it, but it wouldn't even get the rear tire off the ground at all. So I sold it to a member here...

I have a rig for jacking up the bike to work on it...I want something more stable than the sidestand (it leans further now since the shock install) when it's in my garage etc.

I really don't want to install swingarm sliders / spools, but if someone can convince me it's worth it?

So I've been searching for a 'race' type rear / front stand.

I really need / want a rear stand, but some of them come in sets for not much more. And I don't want a stand that's going to fall apart..

Found these

These

And these come highly recommended

www.redlinestands.com

Any other input for guys who've bought front / rear stands?

Thanks

I'm fairly sure that the bottom of the forks aren't even, so a fork stand might be a problem. Your best bet would be to find a steering stem stand.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

The forks on a pre are even. so fork stands are fine. Some here like the stem type though, they jack the stand from the steering stem this allows you to remove the forks. Swingarm stands likewise don't allow you to remove the rear end like you can with a center stand. Maybe that's not big deal for you. Have you looked at the home depot stands people here have made?
      Last edited by Black_peter; 02-12-2008, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        The forks on a pre are even. so fork stands are fine. Some here like the stem type though, they jack the stand from the steering stem this allows you to remove the forks. Swingarm stands likewise don't allow you to remove the rear end like you can with a center stand. Maybe that's not big deal for you. Have you looked at the home depot stands people here have made?
        LOL I guess my post wasn't worded correctly. I've alread made the 'Home Depot' pipe stand for all my maintenance. I just want something for the bike to sit on when it's parked in the garage.

Comment

Did you try putting a 2x4 under the centerstand? I'm curious if that will help. You could also lower it (via arsenic's how to). Just a thought.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

you could cut and weld extensions into your centre stand.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

not trying to be captain obvious here, but have looked at the Pitbull stands?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
                not trying to be captain obvious here, but have looked at the Pitbull stands?
                Not for that price. Heck I would BUILD front and rear myself, powdercoat them, buy beer, and still have money left over.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on these

They get great reviews and $113 shipped for front and rear stands is hard to beat.

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                you could cut and weld extensions into your centre stand.
                I sold it already. The race stands will be much easier for what I want.....
                Last edited by ctandc; 02-12-2008, 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                  Not for that price. Heck I would BUILD front and rear myself, powdercoat them, buy beer, and still have money left over.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on these

They get great reviews and $113 shipped for front and rear stands is hard to beat.
                  I've got a set of the t-rex stands, however I have not attempted to use the steering stem attachment on the front.... just the fork stand. Works well, and it's pretty stable.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I mine sure what the quality of BVP stands are gut Ironpony sent out email for them.
                    http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydire...20Shop/Class1/

$45 front forklift $81 steering stem $45 rear spool
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                      I've got a set of the t-rex stands, however I have not attempted to use the steering stem attachment on the front.... just the fork stand. Works well, and it's pretty stable.

I was wondering about that...the steering stem attachment. But since I have the other lift I use for maintenance, I'm not going to get it when I order mine.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                        I was wondering about that...the steering stem attachment. But since I have the other lift I use for maintenance, I'm not going to get it when I order mine.

Thanks for the input.
                        I think the front stand comes with it... I dunno... I bought it for a friend who leaves her SV with me... I needed a way to lube the chain
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I got my T-Rex rear stand today. Put it together and put the Kat right up on it. Well built. Very stable. Well worth the @$60 I paid.

Comment

Working...
                          X