X

Michelin PR3's VS. PR2's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelin PR3's VS. PR2's

I am a fairly experienced rider but new to this site. I have seen a bunch of different information on tires for my 91 600. I am pretty sure i have narrowed it down to the Michelins but which would be better? I dont do much wet weather to wet grip is not a major concern for me. Should i spend the little extra money for the PR3's? I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks

I've been running pr3's for 2 sets now on the VFR but I wanted the wet grip, Personally between the two I'd say go with the 2's if the savings is significant.
    Kyle

Comment

PR3 better in the rain
      PR2 still good in the rain, longer life reported than the PR3
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

if you ride in the rain alot get the P3s
        2005 Gsx600f- My baby
        1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
        Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          PR3 better in the rain
          PR2 still good in the rain, longer life reported than the PR3
          I do ride in the rain. I liked the 2s better with longer life.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I have been trying to decide how wide i want to go on the rear. I like the profile of a wider rear tire. I know i can go up to a 160/70 on a 4.5" rim. Will the difference in the look be very noticable from a 150 to a 160? Is it worth the extra 100 bucks to buy a post kat rim? And does anybody have a post kat rim for cheap?

Comment

Never ran the 2's, but I'm in love with the 3's. Hold great in many conditions, including standing water at stupid speeds on a zx14.
              sigpic
              1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Originally posted by mather_builders View Post
                Never ran the 2's, but I'm in love with the 3's. Hold great in many conditions, including standing water at stupid speeds on a zx14.
                Great tire. Very good manners on the street, capable of very good lean angles on the track. Excellent feedback front and rear. predictable with good feel. Pushing them to the limit, at mid pack advanced group on a very hot day they get a little greasy, but highly doubtful any of us will run anywhere close to that pace on the street.

I ran one session on a wet track, they held awesome even got a knee down. I have run both PP2 and Pilot Pure and these are hands down better tires, and I am getting great life out of them so far. If I had to choose between the 2 and 3 simple choice....3
                Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

I've got a 2 on the rear, has 20,000 miles on it. Still has decent tread left. (Lots of highway commuting, not many twisties for me...). The front is a 3, has 10,000 miles on it, also still has a decent amount of tread left. Wont as long as the rear, but thats fairly normal. The 3 is great in the rain. But if you're not worried about wet traction, just get which ever happens to be cheaper (should be the 2), you cant go wrong.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I wish I could get that kind of mileage.
                    Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Working...
                    X