X

chain cleaning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chain cleaning

Just wondering , could I use some of the purple power cleaner to degrease and clean the chain ? Just wondering ..
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

Not sure if that would work too well... Kerosene and toothbrush/rag or Fluid film
    Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Kerosene.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

kerosene and dollar store paint brush
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by kat600rdr View Post
          Not sure if that would work too well... Kerosene and toothbrush/rag or Fluid film
          +1 on the Fluid Film.....excellent stuff.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I really do want to try that fluid film. There is a thread on it somewhere getting really high grades. HD was raving about it.

For now, diesel and dollar store toothbrushes for me. But, yeah, get kerosene if it's in your area.
            Extra life.

Comment

I had to drive 30 minutes just to get some kerosene today! Its crazy I remember my dad being able to get just about anywhere.
              sigpic
              97 kat 600

O' yeah that's custom paint!

Comment

Originally posted by iskuts View Post
                I had to drive 30 minutes just to get some kerosene today! Its crazy I remember my dad being able to get just about anywhere.
                Really? You can get it at pretty much any gas station around here...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by iskuts View Post
                  Seriously???? up here we can get Kerosene at our corner stores(a 2 minute walk) LOL
                  2002 750 Kat
                  2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                  1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                  2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

This is what I use...citrus based so safe if oversprayed on anything sensitive...and it cuts through grime and grease like nobodies business...

PB Blaster Citrus Based Degreaser
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monolith View Post
                      This is what I use...citrus based so safe if oversprayed on anything sensitive...and it cuts through grime and grease like nobodies business...

PB Blaster Citrus Based Degreaser
                      Maybe I can pine sol my chain on the next cleaning
                      Extra life.

Comment

newb question, do you clean the chain while its on the bike or remove it?
                        -Brandon

Comment

On the bike. Toss it up the the center stand and clean it as you rotate the rear wheel (by hand, not with the engine running)

Comment

Originally posted by lanerw View Post
                            On the bike. Toss it up the the center stand and clean it as you rotate the rear wheel (by hand, not with the engine running)
                            Key words
                            Extra life.

Comment

but then you could clean it in 1/100th of the time

Thanks
                              -Brandon

Comment

Working...
                              X