X

Trouble fitting Yosh exhaust.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble fitting Yosh exhaust.

I am trying to get the engine ready to fire and have spent the morning trying to wiggle the Yosh exhaust into position with no luck. I bought this bike as a rolling chassis with most parts including the exhaust in boxes. I don't know for certain ( although the PO told me) that this pipe came off this bike. There were no studs in the head so I put in stock ones but it seems they are about 1/2" too short as I cant get enough thread through the clamp to start a nut.

What I'm wondering is does anyone know if longer than stock studs are needed for these pipes or am I just not getting the pipes in correctly. To add to my difficulties the the exhaust system is complete front to back so it is hard to "persuade" things into position.

As always I appreciate all thoughts and comments.

Cheers,
    spyug

Solved the problem. I was trying to install new gaskets......on top of the old gaskets.....doh. Helps to take the old ones out first.

Good lesson, never assume.....look and see.

cheers all,
    spyug

Comment

glad you figured that out!!

Comment

I was going to say that some pictures were in order. it can be a bit of a bear to get that stock exhaust on those bikes...
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
        X