X

Needing my trailer too much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing my trailer too much

Well, it looks like my trailer is needed to fetch another friends bike. Heading down to Zuma's neck of the woods tomorrow. Got a call from a friend that is stuck in Creede Colorado as he and his girlfriend met with a deer this evening. Luckily they are ok but the bike sounds pretty bad. It is a 2012 Vstrom 650 that sounds like the forks are broken and all the front bodywork was ripped from the bike. Looks like ten hours on the road tomorrow to get them and the bike home.

It's good that they have some support. It could be you someday....karma.... Pass it on..
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Doesn't insurance cover the cost of getting the bike and people home?? I'm not trying to be a dick and suggest you leave your friends stranded ... but less time and expense for all if insurance takes care of it.

Comment

Only if you pay for that option on the policy.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Hmmm ... it's pretty much a standard inclusion here ... and I'd certainly tick that box if it was optional. The time to have insurance is when you need it most.

Comment

He had not contacted his insurance yet. He owes about 5k on his bike and is scared they are going to total the bike. The entire fairing exploded, forks bent the wheel came back and broke the engine guard cross piece and pushed the radiator back against the motor. No fluids lost. They hit the deer going about 70mph! The deer basically exploded covering the and the bike in fur, blood and crap. The driver came out unscathed and his girlfriend has a couple tennis ball sized road rashes that were not deep! I can't believe it. Luckily he was wearing a first gear jacket that I gave him because it was too small for me.

Comment

Whoa; glad things weren't worse!! Hope everything works out well for your friend!
              sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

Good that they are in good condition. Could of been much, much worse.. That bike is going to be a total loss, sad to say..
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                X