X

Tire change ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire change ??

Hey guys just another ? for ya. I put on my new Diablos today , took off the wheels got them mounted and when putting the rear one back on I had a hell of a time getting the caliper bracket and pad/ disc and axle dustcover lined up. I took off the caliper bracket so that i could get the axle lined up . Then I slipped the bracket in between the swingarm , dustcover. I really dont think I should of had to do that ! Any tricks? It worked but what am i doin wrong.
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Ah man I thought this was going to be a review...oh well I'm looking at the Diablo Stada's but will have my mechanic put them on...Don't have any advise on it but I know many here have done this job and will pipe up...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

it can be a real pain in the ass.after the first time you know what to do.its been a while since i did it so i will let somone with a fresh memory explain it.

Comment

When I take off the rear, I take off the rear caliper, it's only two bolts and I found it was a pita to get the wheel lined up with the caliper, and the axle holes at the same time. I'm also lucky that since I put on the different dogbones on the bike, my bike will sit with the tire JUST on the floor when it's on the centerstand. I'd assume that means a 3" block of wood will hold the wheel pretty much dead on with the axle points with a stock suspension setup.

I also flipped my axle around so the castle-nut was under the exhaust, so I could get more clearance when giving it a love tap or two to get it seated properly.

Comment

Working...
        X