X

Tour de France

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour de France

I swear I saw a Katana or two being ridden along side the bicyclists at the 'Tour. Did anyone else notice? I can't think what else has such a distinctive headlight.
    MikeG
    Central Oregon
    2006 Suzuki GSX600F
    (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Ah the Tour De France, not a better venue in the world for showcasing American synthesized steriods!

Comment

Barry was there? LoL
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

that would be a fun ride!!

Comment

Comment

as an avid cycling fan, i truely beleive that Floyd is innocnet, the French hate us fo much that they would do anything to disgrace America, i have met Floyd a couple times, i'm on his side until i see some proof, as to seeing Kats, i watched every stage start to finish, didnt see one, doesnt mean that they weren't there

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Well, this certainly wasn't a Kat:

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I am quite surprised that happened at all. Everyone knows French vehicles have only one forward speed and six reverse. Seems that bike could have avoided that crash.

At least the bike had something soft to fall on.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
                  At least the bike had something soft to fall on.
                  I hope it's OK. Poor bike.

Red 1988 600F

Comment

Originally posted by ChattKat
                    as an avid cycling fan, i truely beleive that Floyd is innocnet, the French hate us fo much that they would do anything to disgrace America, i have met Floyd a couple times, i'm on his side until i see some proof, as to seeing Kats, i watched every stage start to finish, didnt see one, doesnt mean that they weren't there
                    I'm not much of a cycling fan, but everytime an American is successful on foreign ground, people shout DRUGS!!! If people have been reading up on this they would read that Landis' testosterone was at normal levels. It was the testosterone to epitestosterone ratio that was out of whack. His exceeded a 4:1 ratio, which is the limit. The normal human has a 1:1 ratio. Besides, even if he was loaded up on steroids, that would have only hindered his performance. (More mass to move)
                    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting," Holy sh*t!!! What a ride!!!"

Comment

I would also add that it would have shown up in all his previous tests as well. A T/E ratio that out of whack doesn't happen over night. If the B sample is negative, he will be OK. But even Floyd thinks it will be positive, because he believes it occured naturally. If B shows up positive, they will test for synthetics. If that test is positive, he was doping. If that test is negative, people will just start picking sides. I believe Floyd. More to the point, this problem should have come out at the last stage in Paris. If Floyd is guilty, what a terrible way for Pereiro to win - denied the party in Paris. Much like Lance, however, the evidence comes to the table late. And it is a sample from Stage 17, Floyd's amazing comeback victory - and arguably one of the most amazing comebacks in cycling history. After 7 years of bitterly trying and failing to prove Lance was doping, this just looks like more of the same.
                      And I also watched every stage and didn't see any Katanas. I was looking to see which non-Kawasaki bikes were being used.

Comment

Re: Tour de France

Originally posted by onthedot
                        I swear I saw a Katana or two being ridden along side the bicyclists at the 'Tour. Did anyone else notice? I can't think what else has such a distinctive headlight.
                        I think I saw the bike you're referring to because it caught my eye also, but I'm pretty sure it was a Burgman. At least that's what it looked like to me...
                        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

The French are just pissed off because they never got anything on Lance Armstrong (or Greg LeMond) despite hundreds of tests and years of trying to. They simply can't stomach the fact that the Americans can beat 'em on their home turf. Hmm. Wonder if they'd have felt the same way about "Germans beating them on their home turf" if Jan Ullrich had won?
                          ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                          Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Originally posted by POP944
                            Wonder if they'd have felt the same way about "Germans beating them on their home turf"...
                            They certainly felt that way when the Germans beat them in WWII.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'm glad someone got that (sick) joke.
                              ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                              Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Working...
                              X