X

96 & older VS 97 & newer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 & older VS 97 & newer

I just signed up tonight after reading a lot of forum. After about three months of trying to decide on a bike I haved decided on a KAT. The question is which style to get. I am 34 rode from 7-24. Until my wife had me sell mt college nighthawk. I will be taking a course and gearing up. But I now have to make the final dec of which one to get 600 vs 750 etc... I love the forum a lot more info than other sites and KatRider has help me make my dec to buy a Kat just looking for some advice thanks for all the helpful info. Any rugby players out there!!!
    go ahead and ruck it!!!

have experience.......get the 750. i have a 600 as my first bike at 30 and already wonder why i didnt go ahead and get the larger one. i am a curves kind of guy so i like the newer kat.

Comment

I'd suggest a 98+ if the styling suits your tastes. The parts availability should be longer, the condition of the bike in general should be better, and aside from all the other differences, it both puts more light to the road and is larger bodied making it easier for cagers to see (both serious safety issues).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am now just looking for the best deal and getting older 600 Kat that needs some work and fits the budget is better than not being able to put the cash need for a newer bike. One of the conditions on getting a bike was cash money no payments, so hopefully it will be a couple of years and I can get a 750.
        go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

I am 6'2" and 195 lbs. I have a 92' 750. this baby has enough power to keep me flying and poppin wheelies, not big ones but thats not what a Kat is for. Power depends on your size and skill. the year depends on your personality.

Either way, you picked a great bike. Enjoy

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

I'd go with the 750
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by rugby01
              Thanks for the reply. I am now just looking for the best deal and getting older 600 Kat that needs some work and fits the budget is better than not being able to put the cash need for a newer bike. One of the conditions on getting a bike was cash money no payments, so hopefully it will be a couple of years and I can get a 750.
              I am picking up a 97 600 today for $500! Need all new fairing, rear tire, starter cover, gauges, ect. So probably 5-700 in work. But should be a fun project/first bike. I am in the same boat, I just got a new scion xb and dont want any more payments.

Have fun when you find one!

Comment

98+ 750
                Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I think I have decided on a 750 now I just need to find one close to Indiana.
                  go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X