Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

Saying Good-bye to Jason Harrill (jason05)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying Good-bye to Jason Harrill (jason05)

I just wanted to post this to let everyone know that Jason Harrill (jason05) was involved in a serious motorcycle accident yesterday afternoon. He was taken to Tampa General, and the decision has been made to let him go. Below is the copy of what was in the paper about it. A memorial ride is being organized for those of you in Florida. I will continue to post any other information that I find out. I know that Jason loved this site and I'm sure he loved all of you. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Motorcycle crash causes backup on Howard Frankland
    By STEPHANIE HAYES, Times Staff Writer
    Published June 10, 2006

TAMPA A motorcycle crash slowed traffic to a crawl on the Howard Frankland Bridge Saturday afternoon.

The male motorcycle driver was heading north near the Kennedy Boulevard exit around 2 p.m. when he stopped suddenly for traffic in front of him and was pitched from the bike, said Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Allan Carter.

The driver, whose name was not released, was taken to Tampa General Hospital with serious injuries, Carter said.

His helmet, motorcycle jacket, jeans and boots sat in a pile on the east side of the road. His motorcycle lay on the west side of the road, rear tire torn from the rim.

Nikki Seiler of Sarasota was taking a friend to Tampa International Airport when she witnessed the crash. Seiler leaned against the bridge's guardrail an hour after the crash and described a bloody scene.

"It was very yucky, very yucky," she said.

Seiler said the motocyclist passed her Ford Excursion and was weaving in and out of traffic at a high speed, she said. "He rode that dotted line in between two cars riding side by side," Seiler said. "It happened so quick. What I dont understand is how that bike didnt hit any cars."

Troopers and Tampa police officers blocked the bridges two easternmost lanes.

Traffic as far back as Gandy Boulevard in Pinellas County inched by slowly. Some cars sat on the shoulder with popped hoods.

The motorcycle driver's condition was not known Saturday evening. Seiler said she hoped the best for the stranger.

"We really do pray for a miracle for him," she said.

----------------------------

R.I.P Jason Paul Harrill
    01/23/84 - 06/11/06

-Kris-

The Grand Marquis "GT" and Jason's helmet

Shit, not something I ever hope to see in new threads .

May he RIP.
    Kyle

Comment

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends. Katriders will never forget him.
      Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Comment

This is just terrible. Losing a rider is bad enough but it really hits home when its a KR member. My family's thoughts and prayers are with the family this evening.

RIP Jason.

PS... This really should go without saying but out of respect for him and his family. I know Jason didnt always ride in a "safe" manner, and we've all talked to him many times here on KR...let's just remember to not be judgemental at a time like this and be respectful of his family & friends.

Comment

Don't know what to say.....that just sucks. RIP Jason.

Comment

Most judgmental words have already been said. Those apparently did not help, and that's a shame. Very sorry to hear about it.

RIP Jason.
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

iam so sorry for what happened i didnt really know him and iam kinda new here also with that said i looked through his post and came to some rather shocking post i found from jason iam not gonna quote any but all i can say is this iam a verry young rider 16 1/2 with a new kat and this post hit me like a bag of bricks it was so shcking and the only thing we can do is learn from this and support his family iam not trying to be judgemental i just posted how i felt..... RIP jason

Comment

Damn, that's a real shame. I wish his family the best. Boy, with all these posts lately you sure can tell that riding season is in full swing.

RIP Jason
                ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Wow , that's rough .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Our Prayers go out to the Family. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Comment

R.I.P Jason you will be missed.
                      Gripp & Regripp

Comment

My thoughts and prayers for Jasons family and friends.
                        RIP Jason
                        I love my Kat!!
                        2000 burgandy 750

Comment

RIP Jason

Comment

you know even thouhg ti;ve only been a member for less than a month hearing about another member being in any accident hits close to home but for something this serious really hits deep. I know most of the people on here under the age of around 25 have done our fair share of stupid stuff but its always done in a safe place, the one time jason left his guard down in traffic look what happens its a shame to have such a young person's life cut so short. Just from this every time im in traffic i'll slow down alittle bit more and think twice about doing anything. My deepest condolences go out to jasons family.

Comment

Truly hate to read of us losing a brother like that.

RIP Jason..... prayers for your family.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                              X