• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just prop my bike up with The Force.

Comment

So Your the one that knocked my Kat over

Smart move.
      You never know the guy might have skills, You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills...
      2006 GSX600F

Comment

LOL. I did not knock it down, I swear!
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
          On another note, there is no way in $hit a puck is more stable than a center stand.
          Gonna have to call BS on this one. If the surface is soft enough for the kickstand to sink, it's soft enought for the centerstand to sink too. A puck (In my case I carry conduit box covers) spreads the load evenly and prevents the stand from sinking.
          +1 on that.

personally, I would have picked it up. In fact, I have done it twice in my life. Once at a county fair where I just picked it up and found a rock flat enough to go under the stand to make sure it would stay up. Never saw the owner to have any trouble over it. I just did it and went on my merry way.

the 2nd time was at a restaurant. I picked it up, then went int to look for the guy to let him know. It was the only bike there and it was easy to find him cuz I just looked for the guy with a helmet. Why did I not just go look for him first? Cuz there was the chance it just fell over before I came across it and prevented too much oil and gas leaking into places it shouldn't. He thanked me for it.

Would I do it again? Yup! Do unto those as you would have done unto thyself. If my bike fell over, I would appreciate greatly if someone picked it up. It kind of sucks knowing that I can't count on most of you guys doing it.

Unless you look like some punkass kid who would do something like that, you guys are being wayyyy over paranoid about it. Personally, I think I look a mature respectable guy, and would never think someone could assume I purposely knocked his bike over. And what lawsuits are you guys afraid of? It's a damn bike. It wasn't like you assulted him by knocking it over with him on it. However, if by the odd chance the guy did come and see me pick it up....and started ranting at me over it and shit, I would just simply knock it back over and tell him, "fuck you then". And I would take my day in court to explain that I thought I was doing the guy a favor, but he shit on me for it, so I put it right back the way I found it.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
            I just prop my bike up with The Force.
            Ahhh... the force is strong in this one...
            Agem cannot be polished without friction, nor can a man be perfected without trials.

1998 Katana 750 "Katch me"

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
              On another note, there is no way in $hit a puck is more stable than a center stand.
              Gonna have to call BS on this one. If the surface is soft enough for the kickstand to sink, it's soft enought for the centerstand to sink too. A puck (In my case I carry conduit box covers) spreads the load evenly and prevents the stand from sinking.
              Yeah! This happened at the gap this year. CyberPoets' bike sunk about 2" into the asphalt at the side of the road while we were swimming.

The specific Kat in question was parked far, far, far away from where any normal traffic would park. I might have considering going into the store and helping the guy get it back up, but with Kristin and the dogs in the car I don't think they'd tolerate the time involved.

My guess is that either his side stand slipped, it sunk in the asphalt, or most likely someone knocked it over.

I didn't see any signs of a puck being around, and I don't think the bike had a centerstand on it.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

that sucks to be in that situation....I understand what you did though...if the guy was an assh*le you could be in court tomorrow for something you didnt do...but I probably would have picked it up myself..

Comment

With my luck, the owner would be a cop who would dust for prints afterwards and show up at my door with a warrant the same night. But that's not to say I wouldn't have gone in and had them announce it.

Still my opinion that the best place to put a bike is on concrete in the summer... even if that means the sidewalk.

And, yes, my bike sank on the centerstand while parked at my favorite watering hole on the river at the rally... and one side sank way more than the other, to the point that I needed assistance to get it off the centerstand safely (usually if it sinks, it usually sinks evenly down to the cross-bar and stops, and that's fine -- happens a lot in Florida sand for example).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I always carry a 6"x4"x1/4"thick piece of steel I got from work under my seat. Whenever I park on tar or gravel I use it. Works great.

Comment

I would have asked someone for assistance then if the owner came out while picking it up I would have blamed the good samaritan I asked for help for knocking it over -

Comment

Chris (katman05) gave me a nice little piece of something....some kind of stiff fiber about 3x3 or so. works awesome. keep it in my tankbag always. really really lightweight stuff. tough as nails. only about 1/4in thick and looks almost like cardboard with the "ribbon" stuff in between. It works so well he should sell them.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

With you on your take Mojoe and LoL to ronnie.w. Funny stuff!
                          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                          X