No announcement yet.
X

So it finally happened - 56k careful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks pretty good, you're lucky. And most importantly you are both ok.

Now go get those clear lenses!!!!!!!
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Atleast you 2 are ok.

For a first fall that's nothing.

Comment

Just got back from the doc and found out I sprained my wrist. No riding for a few weeks. That sucks because it's supposed to be near 60 again this weekend. And no modding either because it's my right hand and I can't even turn a screwdriver....
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

wrists and ankles... the easiest things to hurt on the bike.... but im glad thats all you ended up with. how fast were you going? this is what a 60mph lowside will cost you:

edit: cant get my image to upload?

Comment

was 55 up here... got the bike out (I keep it at work here) and brought it around in the parking lot. Figured I'd take a nice lunchtime ride. No luck. Got stuck here and had to just put it back in the storage area when it got dark.

My current ride of choice

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
              Looks pretty good, you're lucky. And most importantly you are both ok.

Now go get those clear lenses!!!!!!!
              Yep, no better time than a minor lay down to do some upgrades,especially with the CA lens' 8)

Comment

Yeah...except that using anything besides a cordless screwdriver left handed is going to hurt for the next few weeks. Even typing at this keyboard hurts. But that's ok. I can at least have the parts here when I able to work again.
                Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                -Terence

Comment

from what I just learned in the MSF course was to tell your passenger "NOT" to lean with the bike. But, instead to simply look over the shoulder in the direction you are turning.

They said having your passenger do anything other than sit and hold on is a tool for disaster.

Comment

Right , I tell my passengers to pretend they're luggage , no moving around , ESPECIALLY in a turn .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

When 2 up riding, the passenger just moves w/ the bike. They dont intentionally lean in the direction you are turning, they just sit still, look thru the turn with you and let the bike take them. By having a passenger intentionally lean w/ you while riding puts too much weight on the rear and she'll slip out from underneath you in a heartbeat.

There's a thread in the Riding Techniques forum about 2up riding, I'll see if I can find it.

Here ya go, read this thread, there is some excellent info about leaning. Some of it has to do w/ Railing 2up but either way the techniques shown here are excellent.

Comment

Working...
                      X