X

So it finally happened - 56k careful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it finally happened - 56k careful

It finally happened today. Out enjoying the 50 degree weather, pick up the fiance for lunch, and spend a little time together. Stopping at a stop sign to make a right turn. The road has a slight slope to it. I lean left slightly to conteract. My fiance does what she was taught to do, lean with the bike. I forgot about compensating for that force. Crash. We both manage to hop of the bike before it falls into the rocks on the side of the road. I had a few choice words after making sure my gal was ok. Luckily a guy in his cage saw it and stopped to make sure we were ok. He was a rider, too. We got it back with no problem. Now I have an excuse to by CA lenses...

Could have been worse. My fiance has a bruise from hitting the bike somewhere, but we're both ok otherwise. It only took 3 days short of 6 months to drop it. Here's to the future...
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Well they say it's just a matter of when for everyone. Happy to at least hear it was mild for you and your girl.

Comment

i've seen worse. looks like you got out of it alright.

Long Live the D

Comment

Very slight damage there. Glad every thing went okay. I know that is never fun though.
        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

I'm glad everyone OK and that there wasn't a lot of damage. I used the very same excuse to get CA lenses.
          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I think I may just go push my bike over in the parking lot and get it over with.... sigh.

Comment

Cracked lens and scratches no big deal, the two of you are ok that is the important part!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

glad you're both ok. happened to me soon after I got mine. had the wife on the back, tried to do a u turn and next thing I know we were picking ourselves up off the ground. now you have a reason to do some winter modding

Comment

Yep could have been alot worse, especially good that it wasnt since you were 2up with your girl.

Minor damage, easily repaired, Welcome to the club !

Comment

bike character points right? badges of honor i say. at least to make me sleep better at night!
                    Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Any dump you can ride home from can't be TERRIBLE .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

That sux but glad everyone was OK. Any damage to the pipe?

Comment

Slight scraping on the pipe. I think the rear peg saved it. This morning I woke up with an aching wrist. Most likely strained it while trying to keep to bike from falling.

*Note to self: Don't try to stop a 500 lb bike from falling by using your arms. Let it go.
                          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                          -Terence

Comment

glad your ok.

if you find yourself fighting to keep your bike up, remember as long as the tires are in contact with the ground the steering head will control what the bike is going to do.

the next time you get on your bike - lean it over to one side & then turn the bars from side to side. you will find that turning one way will have the bike falling over & turning the other way with the use of your leg help you get the bike to stand up ( and will help to keep the front tire on the ground )

tim

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bike. Glad you both are okay with minor bumps and aches.
                              Keith Paton
                              Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                              13 GSXR750

Comment

Working...
                              X