No announcement yet.
X

2005 Katana review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they should follow yamahas example. The fz series gets all the discontinued r1 and r6 technology... the fz1 has inverted forks, fully adjustable suspension, fuel injection etc... fz6 doesn't have all that stuff but is an aluminium chassis, fuel injection, 180/5.5" rear standard, undertail exhaust, 410 lbs WITH a centerstand and both have comfortable riding positions. If they only updated the katana with discontinued gsxr stuff and kept the katana riding position they would be back in the hunt. I think the fz series is ahead of everyone else in the sport touring class. Don't mean to wave the yamaha flag (had a '00 katana 750 and building a 93 at the moment, good bikes for the money) but they do have the bike to have as far as sport touring goes in my humble opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Originally posted by meanstrk
      Shaft drive? On a Kat? Come on now Cyber............

Besides, the Bandit is no longer available in the states. That sucks. You throw a Bandit motor in a Kat (1200) and it is no longer a great beginner bike but rather a bike that needs a bit more experienced rider.
      ... The shaft I'd use only for the 1150 model -- let's face it, it's be a sport-tourer in the truest sense, something Suzuki doesn't currently have in my mind (Busa is hyper-sport-tourer, different beast). I'd even offer hard-bags as a standard option...

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

Gotta agree with that. Suzuki doesn't have a "true" sports-tourer. Not many people use the Busa as a tourer although it excells at that. A Kat1150 would surely satisfy the comfort issues and hp wouldn't be a problem. I don't think the additional weight would offend anyone either. Hell, call it "Busa, Jr." or "Busa-Light".
      sigpic

Comment

Re: 2005 Katana review

Originally posted by My2K
        I went to power sports network to see what other people are saying about the Katana. I came across this one and read it a few times. And I read it a few times more. Then I looked at where the guy was from. I thought it was funny. Sorry to offend anyone or if the dude is on KR.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...4914&veh=24665

Jeezs....... And he lives near me!!

Great
        I think the 06 is sweet
        Darren Drennan
        Alexander, Arkansas
        06 Katana 750

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Katana_Riders/

Comment

Make sure you keep that tool down there in your part of the state. We have enough idiots up here as it is. lol

Comment

It'd be a much better starter bike if they dropped an assload of weight off the 600, and gave it an option for adjustable factory suspension, clip ons and rearsets to acommodate a greater variety of people.....

I agree with cyber that the 750 should become the big B-12 powered, fully-faired sport tourer.....I also like the thought of hard bags and a cartridge fork. I don't know about shaft drive though...I rode a Guzzi V11 sport last summer, and that thing was weird - the rear end rose up under power, and full throttle would have the bike automatically leaning over to the right! Of course that's a different setup, but the shaft drive just felt odd. Not bad really; I guess it's just not what I'm used to.
            FrankenKat 1216
            GS Fiter 816
            GSXR750! (race)

Comment

I just went back and read the review. Looks like all the spelling errors were corrected. But then again, I ain't no english major either.
              Submariners do it deeper

Comment

Would someone show me exactly where the Governator is?
                I searched everywhere and I can't find it.

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Originally posted by BobKat2002
                  Would someone show me exactly where the Governator is?
                  I searched everywhere and I can't find it.
                  Honest mistake. It's pretty easy to miss. But if you look closely it's #44

Comment

ROTFL!!!!!

I'm gonna have to take my carbs apart this weekend and get that thing OUTTA THERE!!!!!!
                    2005 Aprilia RST1000
                    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
                    1998 Chevy Tahoe
                    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

he's going to pump you up!

Long Live the D

Comment

Dude , no WONDER my bike doesn't run right ! My guvner's missing !
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

you better go out and find it ! nobody should be without a guvner

Comment

Probably fell off somewhere . Better PM Jim and see if he's got any . MAN , I just got some parts from him .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau

Honest mistake. It's pretty easy to miss. But if you look closely it's #44
                              Someone has a very creative imagination. Well done!
                              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Working...
                              X