X

2005 Katana review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Katana review

I went to power sports network to see what other people are saying about the Katana. I came across this one and read it a few times. And I read it a few times more. Then I looked at where the guy was from. I thought it was funny. Sorry to offend anyone or if the dude is on KR.

Submariners do it deeper

I took the "govinor" out of my carbs and now she flies. Like mach 20.

What a knob

Comment

The only thing wrong with the kat is that the design has been the same for like ever. Like the Acura NSX. That's boring. Come on Suzuki, spend a little of that spare change from behind the cushions in the couch and change things up a bit.
      TiM

Comment

Giddy up on that!The Kat needs a change upgrade.Fuel injection for starters,loose some weight maybe just give the g#ddamn thing some attention Suzuki its already a great seller maybe youll sell more

Comment

Originally posted by sexwax
          The only thing wrong with the kat is that the design has been the same for like ever.
          Not true. They upgraded the turn signal lenses this year to clear ones

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
            Giddy up on that!The Kat needs a change upgrade.Fuel injection for starters,loose some weight maybe just give the g#ddamn thing some attention Suzuki its already a great seller maybe youll sell more
            I'm with you on the FI...it really needs it...but the weight issue...it's a steel frame so the only way is to change to an aluminum one...but then it would become a GSX-R and we don't want that......but I thought they were going to discontinue the Katana at some point...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
              What I would change on the Kat, if I were at Suzuki:
              (A) The 600 model would be replaced with a 650 model using the new fuel-injected European Bandit 650 engine with unique cams for this application. Expect pricing to remain within $500 of current "new" prices.
              (B) The 750 engine would be obsoleted, and replaced with a larger version using a fuel-injected version of the current Bandit 1157cc engine. Call it the Katana 1150. Spill-over effect would make next year's Bandit 1200 also fuel-injected. Slap on a shaft-drive using a hollow-shaft. Price bump of about $1k for development on the injection and the shaft drive.

Remember, part of the price equation is based on the fact that this model gets very little change and primarily roll-over technology from other models whose tooling costs have already been paid. Slipping the Bandit 650 engine in would do that.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What I find funny is that the guy keeps talking about the 05 but the bike listed is the 06. Knob.
                Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                -Terence

Comment

Can't forget to upgrade the exost with a D nd D.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
                    Originally posted by sexwax
                    The only thing wrong with the kat is that the design has been the same for like ever.
                    Not true. They upgraded the turn signal lenses this year to clear ones
                    and the paint schemes change too, cant forget that

Comment

Shaft drive? On a Kat? Come on now Cyber............

Besides, the Bandit is no longer available in the states. That sucks. You throw a Bandit motor in a Kat (1200) and it is no longer a great beginner bike but rather a bike that needs a bit more experienced rider.
                      Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Well if Skeeter dun changed the Goviner, I is gonna
                        change the Mayor in mines!!!! She gonna fly!!

Comment

imo - i think the HP is great for a starter bike - if they would just go to an aluminum frame it would make a big difference. FI would be nice but not a major factor.

they should build it to match the kawi ZZR.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                            Shaft drive? On a Kat? Come on now Cyber............

Besides, the Bandit is no longer available in the states. That sucks. You throw a Bandit motor in a Kat (1200) and it is no longer a great beginner bike but rather a bike that needs a bit more experienced rider.
                            Yeah...
                            The Bandit 650 engine puts out generally about the same power, and is a bit cleaner for the environment, plus the whole "my carbs are acting up" threads would go away :P
                            The shaft I'd use only for the 1150 model -- let's face it, it's be a sport-tourer in the truest sense, something Suzuki doesn't currently have in my mind (Busa is hyper-sport-tourer, different beast). I'd even offer hard-bags as a standard option.

But then again, I'm not in charge of Suzuki or any of the other major firms -- or the new ZX14 would also be available with a shaft & bags under the ZZR1400 moniker in the USA (it'll be a chain-eater as-is).

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'd agree with everything but doing away with the 750. A 650, 750/800 and a 1200 cc option would be great. That way you can cover all ranges of size. Keep the 650 and 750 chain driven and upgrade the 1200 to shaft drive. They'd give the ST1300, FJR1300 and R1150RT a run for their money.
                              You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Comment

Working...
                              X