X

Smoke or Black out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke or Black out

Hey how do you smoke or black out the headlights on a 98+ Katana. Or what is the best way to do it. Im not fond of the headlight on the kat but when they are blacked out they look a lot better.
    R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

There are places to buy a selfstick type cover. Wish I could remember where right now.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

saweet...thanks man....i just want the headlights to blend in with te body more.
        R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Comment

tricktape.com

1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Check out my ride profile to see what the light lidz on the kat look like.
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I'm actually highly against black-out lenses and partial-blocking decals/laminates for headlights on public roads, because of visibility. Even if you never ride at night, your headlights are the primary visual attraction to other drivers (the reason you should run highbeams in the day -- legal in every state by national code for motorcyclists)... cutting that down is the same as making yourself partially invisible -- certainly not something I'd want to do in traffic around here, no matter how much "cooler" it looks..

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

When I put the light lidz on I also changed the lights to bright whites, been in almost 3 years now, with no probs, made a big difference. Brighter than before the light lidz.
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Im considering doing this mod as well, there's a few ebay stores as well that sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    I'm actually highly against black-out lenses and partial-blocking decals/laminates for headlights on public roads, because of visibility. Even if you never ride at night, your headlights are the primary visual attraction to other drivers (the reason you should run highbeams in the day -- legal in every state by national code for motorcyclists)... cutting that down is the same as making yourself partially invisible -- certainly not something I'd want to do in traffic around here, no matter how much "cooler" it looks..

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    ditto! as if we don't have enough problems being seen as it is.
                    i know it looks cool and all, but if you get hit and the driver says "I didn't see him".....well, maybe that is why.
                    like i said...looks cool...and thought about it myself....but that is one mod i will pass on, tyvm.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                      as if we don't have enough problems being seen as it is.
                      i know it looks cool and all, but if you get hit and the driver says "I didn't see him".....well, maybe that is why.
                      We got to be middle-aged riders by surviving being young f*cks... in both of our cases (Mojoe's and Mine) those years were spent riding...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I wonder if you were to get into an accident and this was on your bike if it would be a valid arguement in favor of the cager ?

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                          I wonder if you were to get into an accident and this was on your bike if it would be a valid arguement in favor of the cager ?
                          good question. just the fact that the cager would bring it up would mean it was a noticeable factor. the majority of cagers would not be able to know if the light was stock or if it was done as a modification. if he mentions it to the cops during his statement, it could cause problems, maybe.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                            At night - 100% so.
                            In the day - questionable at best. But the real question would be whether the cop and the cager are asking each other this as your mangled carcass is going into the ambulance or meat-wagon... Not a chance I'd want to take.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X