• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what color should i paint rims????

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4681940...n/photostream/
    i was thinking color matched, or white, or black....lemme know what you think, im also either going with white gsxf decals or chrome decals....
    killing is as easy as breathing

thats a really interesting color you have going there, i like it. i would probably go with white wheels and white gsxf decals just to keep everything light. looks cool

Comment

thats what i was leaning towards....i hate asking opinions around my house everyone hates the color lol

Comment

Is that baby blue?
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

How 'bout bronze. I've been looking at cafe racers and I saw one with some dark bronze rims. I know duplicolor makes some rim paint but i've yet to try it out. If you don't care for bronze, black rims with some rim tape (color matching the bike of course), or all white could be interesting. I really like the color of your bike!

Comment

I say white, and put a white decal on the side that says "Irish Spring"....

I like it, not only because it reminds me of my favorite soap, but because I have never seen another bike that color.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Yes, what thy said: White
              For something flashier you can go with a very light lime green.
              Too old to dream, too young to reason...
              I am fond of my rough edges.
              sigpic

Comment

yea im leaning towards white...but i forgot about rim tape,,,i think ill go white with blue tape ...thanks for the input....

i get alot of love/hate on the color...i forgot exactly what color blue it is...i got it on sale in the back of paint shop...but i sure love it

ill post some pics in a few weeks once i finish the rims....its winter here in ky so i needed somethin to do...

Comment

Normally I'd say black. I just got my freshly black powder coated wheels on my 750 today. But the bronze suggested before might be the ticket.
                  Richard
                  Attached Files
                  96 Suzuki GSX750F
                  89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                  05 Yamaha WR450F
                  05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

How about a dark blue, then it would look like a smurf...

Comment

White rims with blue rim tape sounds interesting......would be a bugger to keep clean though.
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

There was a fuel company around town with tankers that color it was called sea foam or sea mist green

It's you that has to ride it , but it may be a hard sell down the road
                        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

White will look good but when you factor in cleaning I would have to say bronze. It would clash pretty good.
                          sigpic
                          Navy Vet
                          1998 B12
                          00 GSX 600F(sold)

Comment

Have you considered changing the lower cowl a different color. If it were white, It might be a better match with white rims with colored rim tape. Same would apply if it were darker with dark colored rims.

Also, as was mentioned earlier white rims you would probably have to take a wet rag to them every week to keep from brake and road grime from building up. I Think about my rear rim and I I'm glad it's black because I can't get in the small areas.

The bike looks sea foam green to me. Do you have any metallic flake in there or is it just a glossy flat tone? I'm still digging the color!

Comment

i think it mite be sea foam somethin??its more like a light baby blue in person i hit it with that duplicolor clearcoat flake stuff in the can from autozone...its wet in the picture so it might look extra glossy
                              i have no life so ill take care of the white :0....
                              i just orded some decals and lowering links so ill post some pics next week

Comment

Working...
                              X