No announcement yet.
X

Kreylyn's Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking bike! Good luck with the rest of your build.
    2006 Katana 600

Comment

Wish I could see the pics -_-

Gov computers suck.
      I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
      -Unholy m-
      Current project: Un-Katchable
      sigpic

Comment

i like this mod and want to do this to my katana guess i will start looking for the parts

Comment

Your bike looks great! I just bought all the parts to do a 600 tailswap so I'll be rocking a 750 with a 600 tailswap soon too .

Comment

Nice work man, can't wait for the final pic!

Comment

file:///F:/DCIM/999SSCAM/swing%20arm%20mod.JPG

SO LIKE THIS

file:///F:/DCIM/999SSCAM/swing%20arm%20mod.JPG

so like this
              Last edited by Gsx750fp; 01-24-2012, 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You can't post pictures from your local computer to the site...
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i know thats the url for the picture.....copy/paste

nvmd

how about this
                  Last edited by Gsx750fp; 01-24-2012, 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Gsx750fp View Post
                    i know thats the url for the picture.....copy/paste

nvmd

how about this

Close, but not quite. You have the entire wedge cut on one side or the other of the center lines that are 2" apart. You should split the difference on those.

In other words... draw 2 lines 2" apart. Measure 1/16" either side of the lines to create the wedge shape.

If the wedge is all on one side, then when you bend to close the gap the edges will not be in line with each other.

krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

okay so the 90 degree lines are jus for reference and should be the center of the angle for the wedge...

Comment

okay so the 90 degree lines are jus for reference and should be the center of the angle for the wedge...

Correct... the 2 lines are 2" apart, parallel to the pilot bolt... and used for reference on cutting the wedges.
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

but wouldnt that make the open face of the wedge 1/8?

Comment

but wouldnt that make the open face of the wedge 1/8?

Sorry, your right.. 1/8" either side... For sure the total is 1/4" at the widest part of the wedge cut.

krey
                            93 750 Kat

Comment

Looks good! Do you mean you fabbing a solo cowl to cover over the rear grab too? Be very interested to see if so.
                              A fool can't act wise, but the wise can act a fool.

Comment

Thanx

Comment

Working...
                                X